Why do i get hoarse after each excercise session?

Rate this topic

gilad

I have been getting hoarse, after every singing exercise session I have been doing lately. I am wondering if its because I am reaching for high notes all the time. Maybe its normal, and with time it dissipates. I dont know. I would like to hear what you think.

Thanks.

Well man, its not normal. It would be normal when searching for something and doing mistakes, even so, its wise to keep this kind of work short, to not harm you to this point.

Daily hoarseness will work against you.

Number one thing to check is: are you trying to go loud or pushing the voice out? Support means the opposite specially if you are working so high.

Well man, its not normal. It would be normal when searching for something and doing mistakes, even so, its wise to keep this kind of work short, to not harm you to this point.

Daily hoarseness will work against you.

Number one thing to check is: are you trying to go loud or pushing the voice out? Support means the opposite specially if you are working so high.

Hey Felipe, Thanks for your quick response.

Well, I think I do tend to increase volume as I go higher. Not by much, but I am. Regarding pressure... I am not really thinking about pressure. Is there any method you recommended so that I can correct my support?

Thats where interference can get problematic... Im not familar with Pillars references on support. Think like this, the air must keep flowing, it must have the pressure, but you slow down the flow, not the ammount, but the speed.

As if the air was leaving your mouth in slow motion.

This should prevent you from applying all the air collum force. If you feel as if holding it on the throat, you stopped the air flow instead of slowing it down. If you feel that your voice is being pushed out by the air, its too fast.

Thats where interference can get problematic... Im not familar with Pillars references on support. Think like this, the air must keep flowing, it must have the pressure, but you slow down the flow, not the ammount, but the speed.

As if the air was leaving your mouth in slow motion.

This should prevent you from applying all the air collum force. If you feel as if holding it on the throat, you stopped the air flow instead of slowing it down. If you feel that your voice is being pushed out by the air, its too fast.

Thanks Felipe,

It takes a few hours and I am back to normal. That is why I was thinking maybe its just a stage. But I will most definitely keep in mind that the higher I go, the slower the airflow should be. Never thought of it that way. This might be what I was looking for. Ill keep you updated :)