Help with tweaking my mixed voice just a little

Rate this topic

Enander

I don't really know where to put this, but since it's a matter of me asking for help regarding technique, I reckon this ought to be the right place.

Am not very familiar with the correct terms, so I'm going to go with "chest" and "head" voice for now.

So, am actually quite content with my mixed voice (rather "chesty" to keep the thickness and to make the transition as subtle as possible), until I try to apply heavy grit one some notes in my passagio.

https://soundcloud.com/rednane-kirderf/noobishsentinel

Please don't compare my voice to Halford's who has a quite apparent distinction between chest and mixed voice :P

My take is utter crap (first try ever, and just "feeling it"), but I want you to focus on "his life is on the line" and the beginning of the word "sentinel". The words sound too strained, which bugs me. I just want to get a liiiittle more head voice in there, but I don't know how to do it. Had it been just a little higher I could incorporate some more head into it, but as it is it's too low.

Perhaps you could help me, or at least give me some tips for the road! :)

sounded great dude!!! it sounds like on "on the line" your going to a nice mix(oun the line) i think you probably want it a little more back goto on the line an bite the word on." ah" on. its not going to be headier but it will sit with the other phrases. And again that was killer you asked for a little help i wouldnt even mess with it. same with sentinel your saying sintinel headier place goto sehntinel if you want a different color. But that was great bravo!!!

sounded great dude!!! it sounds like on "on the line" your going to a nice mix(oun the line) i think you probably want it a little more back goto on the line an bite the word on." ah" on. its not going to be headier but it will sit with the other phrases. And again that was killer you asked for a little help i wouldnt even mess with it. same with sentinel your saying sintinel headier place goto sehntinel if you want a different color. But that was great bravo!!!

Thank you, Daniel! :) Good point! I might at least get closer to what I'm after by changing my pronunciation and thereby the colour. Also, thanks for tip on alternative pronunciations!

Exactly man! Get a band record an album:) youve got a really cool voice the super power middle + the high end rock screeches, most rocksingers jus have one or the other :) cheers