Asking for help with my vocal problems!

Rate this topic

Hi my name is Jennifer and I am a lead singer of a heavy rock/melodic metal band called False Trinity. I have some questions about my vocal problems and I am asking for advice on what I should do about them. You see I am epileptic and had a Vagus Nerve Stimulator put in about 4-5 years ago to control my seizures. I was having problems with my throat and went to see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor who told me that my left vocal chords were paralyzed either from the surgery or the stimulator. Since then I have noticed that it is more comfortable to sing lower and it has become harder for me to sing even though I do it on a regular basis. I was thinking of trying some type of professional help but I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to help. And if I do get help what type of help would give me the best results? I just don't know what to do in order to make my voice better and make it easier to hit the notes I used to (and maybe some I've never been able to!). Can anyone help me?