Whitesnake Cover, Here I go again AGAIN

• TMV World Legacy Member

Last time I'm doing this, I swear. Was good practice indeed!

This one has the vocals a little more buried, better clean vocals, and a slightly better scream at the end.

Lemme know what you think!

https://www.box.com/s/oy4fpsngf4an192rce5x

Oh man, that was good! Hard work paying off for sure, dude. Does it feel good all the way through? Because it sounds good. :P

UPDATE! Please provide feedback for my NEWEST Kodaline High Hopes Practice Cover - http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=10062

My Soundcloud- http://soundcloud.com/bchen929 -
A continuous work in progress, always improving.

Great singing Lord, it sounded very similair to Coverdale´s voice. I am weak for this type of voice where you carry chest up high. Congratulations!

Thanks guys :D this song is crazy hard to sing! I like doing these songs that are uncharted territory for voice, branches out a bit... good way to improve IMO. Now I go back to maiden songs and they're cake! (some of em, mind you) ;)

Man, you got something solid here! A strong tone and a wide range, well suited for this song.

You mentionned you had trouble with your head voice and i wonder, as i can hear a distinct " airy " sound even on your chest voice, if it doesn't come from here. Junst an hypothesis.

Thanks guys :D this song is crazy hard to sing! I like doing these songs that are uncharted territory for voice, branches out a bit... good way to improve IMO. Now I go back to maiden songs and they're cake! (some of em, mind you) ;)

Actually, Ad, what I have been finding is that any song can be a "beast," regardless fo the part of the range that it is in. For example, me doing "Silent Lucidity." Except for the lowest notes, all the rest are in an easy part of the range, right? Should be as easy as falling off of a log. Nope, it is the same level of difficulty and ease as any other song.

Just like, the best singing advice is not to think of it as low and high but side to side like a piano, do the same thing with song perception. You will find the same ease and the same challenges in "Hurt" as you will in "Here I go Again."

And these are perceptions I have come upon, recently, going through yet another personal evolution. Get used to that, too, never being finished as a singer.

Every song is a challenge and simultaneously a breeze. If you master the passaggio, you master everything. Extreme ends are always there and they are best approached by what we learn in the passaggio.

And, as always, you rock. And you are an inspiration to me. So, live with that one, for a while.

:D

You are right, they are all the same level of difficulty... This is because the position at which you set your expectations changes with respect to how well you can sing the song. If you decide to tackle a song hat's too hard, you don't expect the same outcome. I think listening back changes that, because I have listened to this cover enough to become unsatisfied with the sound.

Thanks Ron :D

I was thinking of doing 'hurt' with my bass voice, but didn't want to have to record guitars :/

@Forest: I have a full voice recorded range of Eb1-E5 and people say you cannot drag chest past a certain point before you are MIXING at least... I have never felt mixing or head voice or anything like that, but maybe I am using it.... If so, then my problem maybe just the sound I am getting... Maybe the sound isn't piercing enough to make me satisfied.

I don't know, it's beyond my knowledge what my voice is doing, I just sing.

I was thinking of doing 'hurt' with my bass voice, but didn't want to have to record guitars :/

Don't make me call you "chicken."

In the words and tone of Sylvester Stallone when facing off against Dolph Lundren in that Rocky movie, "Go for it."

Lord,

If I could make a deal with the devil and be your age with that voice....well....I'd certainly consider it :P

Man, you've got this breathy thing going that's really cool, but seems like it would be tiring(up high.) How does it feel to you?

Thanks analog. :D

It is tiring up high indeed, but it gives a nice sound! I have to use a lot of diaphragm to keep it up high, haha. But it doesn't hurt at all, just analogous to weight lifting pretty much.

but it gives a nice sound!

yes it does! Just make sure you keep it up damnit :lol:

Also, have you ever considered covering Peter Gabriel? Man you could kill his stuff.

Also, have you ever considered covering Peter Gabriel? Man you could kill his stuff.

I agree. It is now time to "shock the monkey."

I did 'dont give up' a long while ago :P

But that does not negate the need to shock the monkey. It is most imperative that you indeed, provide electric current and voltage to that simian.

:)

• Administrator

AWESOME, Lord :cool:

Now, if by some chance you have the equipment to do a video, I'd certainly like to see you submit it to the "Social Media" section of TMV World..... Definitely would be Featured !!!!!

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"