Slayer - Reign in blood

Rate this topic

I thought it was good. And well done on the timing. Even though this is a "heavy metal" song, there are some tricky changes in this, like the guys were getting some jazz and prog going, just for fun.

And what an excellent backing track.

Thanx, Ron, you are always so kind. This was a one-take and there should be room for alot of improvement, it has been a long time since i sang this extreme stuff. I have already witnessed a big improvement on my grit on a couple of days since i first started with "Seasons in the abyss".

Thanx for your reply, Igor. Well, it is a damn hard sound to produce, you need to be really warmed up and it takes alot of support, but anyway, it is fun to do.

Sounds really good to me. Nice control. I can't do that technique at all so I can't really tell anything except you must be doing it well because the pitch and phrasing is right on. Does it hurt to do this?

Practising grit and my mean voice.

Well...you nailed it. Ha. I hadn't heard Slayer since the 80's until Jeff died last month. I was never a metal guy, but certainly had MANY friends who were.

Sounds really good to me. Nice control. I can't do that technique at all so I can't really tell anything except you must be doing it well because the pitch and phrasing is right on. Does it hurt to do this?

Thanx, Geno. No, it doesn´t hurt, if it would i would have stopped immediately, there is a bit of a tickling feeling but hurt, no.

Thanx, Enander (i am a big fan), Analog and Keith for listening. Enander: I have heard this before that i sound a little like Udo, i think Igor said this too if i am not wrong, and i love Accept so maybe i will try one of their songs in the future.

I was never exposed to this type of music. The hardest metal that I heard was Black Sabbath with Ozzy.

When growing up if you had a KISS album you had to hide it.

But yes that sounded gritty and mean and cool all at the same time.

I was never exposed to this type of music. The hardest metal that I heard was Black Sabbath with Ozzy.

When growing up if you had a KISS album you had to hide it.

But yes that sounded gritty and mean and cool all at the same time.

"When growing up if you had a KISS album you had to hide it." Well, i never did. I remember back in the 80´s here in Sweden when i first started to buy vinyls, there were two camps - the ones that liked synth-oriented music like Pet Shop Boys and then there were hard rockers and of course i belonged to the latter :). I bought my first record in 1984 (i was 11). That record was a metal compilation and i only bought it because the cover was so cool, it had Dee Snider on it eating meat, hahaha, i had to buy it. On that record there was a song that got me completely sold - "Bark At The Moon" by Ozzy. I got totally obsessed and had to buy more records and chose "Powerslave" by Iron Maiden and "Stay Hungry" with Twisted Sister. There was no stop and i wanted to work after school as much as i could to be able to buy more records. handing out commercials and collecting currant for my mum so she could make juice for example, hahaha. Thanx, mum, for making so much Juice and thanx Dee Snider, hahahaha...

...and thanx for your reply, MDEW.

d then there were hard rockers and of course i belonged to the latter :). I bought my first record in 1984 (i was 11)

Man, I feel old.

1984 - Doing electrical work. Trying to continue college froma few years previous. Some college mates and I had an impromptu band called Translucent Blue Plexiglass (my friend, Jeff, picked that name) but we played mostly hard rock. Jeff later formed his own band, Trident, which he later changed to Magenta and they sounded pretty much like RUSH, especially since Jeff sounded like Geddy Lee when he sang.

1984 - going to parties, such as when I was a guest of the Banshees MC. Nice people.

My friend, the aforementioned, Jeff, used to ride with the Scorpions MC. Jeff had a bike he bought off a drag racer. '74 H-D Sportster bored to 1300 cc. 7 gears and nitrous. The top official speed for the bike in the 1/4 mile was 179 MPH. Back then, that was fast. 8 feet long, chopped front end. Gold-plated wheel spikes and pegs. Commissioned (one of a kind) blue fire paint job. So perfectly balanced, I used to sit on it with the kick stand retracted and not move a hair.

Ah, good times .....