Vocal range

Rate this topic

This is without any warm up (i actually don't know how to do it properly), but just by listening to it could you tell me what

type of voice it is (bass, baritone, tenor) ?

• 1 month later...

As about F#2 seems your lowest note, you’re probably not a bass. You’re way too light to be a bass, anyway.

I don’t even think a baritone would fit you, because the way you approach your F#2 being your rock-bottom note, makes it more that you’re a tenor.

I’m a leggiero tenor, being able to reach a low F#2 as my lowest note, as well. I sang baritone repertoire in a choir, but I just can’t sing with this power and presence in that range, and that really has nothing to do with my lack of technique. I sound warm and deep there (a quality of leggiero tenors), but without the power. Tenor is more my thing.

As about F#2 seems your lowest note, you’re probably not a bass. You’re way too light to be a bass, anyway.

I don’t even think a baritone would fit you, because the way you approach your F#2 being your rock-bottom note, makes it more that you’re a tenor.

I’m a leggiero tenor, being able to reach a low F#2 as my lowest note, as well. I sang baritone repertoire in a choir, but I just can’t sing with this power and presence in that range, and that really has nothing to do with my lack of technique. I sound warm and deep there (a quality of leggiero tenors), but without the power. Tenor is more my thing.

Same with me, Manny, through I can croak an E2 if I slow my air way down and almost eat the mic.