T-Bone Shuffle

• TMV World Legacy Member

I've been away a while - my laptop finally gave up the ghost after many years. Got a new one now :D Struggling to find any time and space to practice my singing at the moment. I like to do it when the house is empty, but we've got a houseful at the moment and there's always someone around. Might be a year or so before things are back to normal. Blame the recession.

Anyway, here's a clip of me with the band. I don't think I posted this here before, forgive me if I have. This is T-Bone Walker's T-Bone Shuffle. We just have fun with it - kazoo's and what have you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=542700&songID=12236434

Comment welcome.

Kind regards

Derek

Definitely got an "Elvis" vibe going on. Old school. I like it.

The reverb is a little intense on the vocals but that is an editing preference. Was this a demo track that you might work up in to a professional release later?

I would say, keep the arrangement, just back off the reverb a smidge.

Thanks Ronws. This tune always seems to go down well at gigs so we did a recording off the desk, the sound engineer man fooled around with it, and the result meant we had something to put on our website. We keep threatening to go into a proper studio but so far we've always gone down the pub instead!

Not many blues men around here. Sounds pretty good. It had an authentic 50's feel to it.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."