Shine On Your Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd (GROUND UP - NOT KARAOKE)

• TMV World Legacy Member

https://www.box.com/s/lt90ahhz0gurty859daw

This isn't the whole symphony, just the more famous first half (Parts I–V).

This was created from the ground-up together with my musician friends Chris Beaver and Eric Glass doing the various instruments, and me on vocals. Production by Chris Beaver. If you look for either of them on youtube you can find some of the amazing stuff they have done.

Vocals start at about 8'35. On the original, David Gilmour sang the verses, Roger Waters sang the chorus (which are higher), and there were several backing singers (including two women). I did all of the voices on this cover. Figuring out the harmonies was a job of work.

Enjoy!

George

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

George - that was fantastic. What a talented bunch of musicians you have there but most of all those layered vocals! You really nailed those harmonies.

I love the mood of this song which you capture perfectly. I have a friend who is in a Pink Floyd tribute over here in Manchester which I considered joining on vocals so I spent some time learning the vocals to various tracks which I found pretty tough. I think you do an excellent job and actually I think you are a bit more controlled on the more aggressive parts than the original.

Well done.

Elwin - many thanks for listening and commenting.

I struggled to get the right delivery for the first line of each verse, David Gilmour almost sounds like he is crying on original, the lines such as "remember when they were young".

For the harmony I listened many times to hear each line that was sung. I think I got close. Some of the voices were female and quite high, which was an interesting challenge. The producer doubled up some of my parts with delays etc. to make it fuller.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

I've said it before, so I can say it, again.

You already have what it takes to be pro. The only thing preventing you from doing so is you. (theater performance aside, which is also good.)

Even as a hobby, your stuff is top-notch. If you decide to go pro, you will sell albums. Probably a lot. Requiring you to move to the US as a tax exile. Ain't life tough? :D

I think what I just heard was a product of professional caliber. Both your vocals and the rest of the cover.

I could always put my perfectionist cap on so to speak and nitpick some random little details that weren't mathematically perfect, but this is one of those cases where I think doing so would start to be counterproductive to the end result. It's good to leave some little tiny flaws in there.

There is a certain point where, whether or not it's technical perfection, the product is just done, you can feel that it is completed to a certain high standard of quality that I could most accurately describe as professional. You folks met that point in this production, where I am ready to shut my mouth and not offer any critique, and just enjoy the masterpiece.

So the question remains, what are you doing still on this forum? :lol:

You could go pro if you wanted to and have the right connections.

Many thanks Owen.

Although music is passion, it's not profession. I have a steady job working in IT which is fairly interesting and brings in a regular income.

I have lots of connections with excellent amatuer musicans and semi/ex pro who collaborate on the internet, as you may have guessed, but nothing that would bring in money.

Many thanks Owen.

Although music is passion, it's not profession. I have a steady job working in IT which is fairly interesting and brings in a regular income.

I have lots of connections with excellent amatuer musicans and semi/ex pro who collaborate on the internet, as you may have guessed, but nothing that would bring in money.

Yeah, big deal. Keep the IT job and pay the bills. And, release albums and make money that way, too, George. You can do that in the age of digital download. It's allowed. I decree it.

Or get a commission from the Queen. She's going to live forever, anyway. Prince Charles will be lucky if he gets to be king for a few years. More likely, Prince William will be King William. So, make nice with Elizabeth or William.

:D

Seriously, yes, you can release an album while working a "day" job. My brother did it. So can you.

I love you Ron ;)

(in a platonic sort of way of course)