3.0 has landed!

Rate this topic

What? 3.0 is officially out???? Already, seriously? Damn Rob is a hard worker. Man, based on how he said it was doing in our lesson last saturday, if he had my comparatively mediocre work ethic I would have probably taken another month. But nope, he's a freak of nature and it's finished and released 2 days later???

I gotta get the update ASAP. Been really waiting for 3.0.

Hahah. Yep and it's friggin awesome new lectures and the vid demonstrations they just blow me away haha.

And yep you definitely need to get the update ASAP owen.

Man i am so jealous that u can frequently have lessons with rob haha. Maybe when i get a job i'll do that too! :D

Hahah. Yep and it's friggin awesome new lectures and the vid demonstrations they just blow me away haha.

And yep you definitely need to get the update ASAP owen.

Man i am so jealous that u can frequently have lessons with rob haha. Maybe when i get a job i'll do that too! :D

Yeah my parents have always been extremely supportive in my musical development. So yeah it's not me its them...my dad has a great high paying job.

Pretty soon ill be as broke as you tho lol! I'm going to berklee college of music which has a ridiculously expensive tuition and then hope to make a living as a full time musician which is never easy unless you get lucky and get some widespread fame. A financially idiotic plan i know, but I'm an optimist and work really hard at what I love so I believe after some trial and error Ill figure it out and get successful eventually...

Back to the topic of Skype lessons - even if you can only afford one lesson, or one lesson every month, or every other month, its worth it, if you record the lesson and come warmed up and well practiced to each one.

Halcyon, I just emailed Rob and he said 3.0 is not actually officially done, the book still needs to be updated. Just the video, audio, and new TMI are all done.

So I don't know how it would work for you to eventually get the 3.0 updated ebook...interesting that you were able to purchase the other stuff.

• Administrator

Hal, thanks for your support and Im glad you finally got your synch buddy! Yes, I want to be clear to clients and fans here... I am 3/4 done. The video, audio and TMI are all done... Hal can tell you how nice the TMI is now... the TMI has been cleaned up and navigates much more logically now... all the heavy lifting of video production and TMI development, the most difficult stuff, is done. I took about 5 months to produce.

The book is currently 2.9, which was totally updated last year with 2.5. Completely rewritten, so it is a great book and something Im proud of. The 3.0 book will simply have, more vowel work, an expanded Training Routine and a nice design/layout... a professional photoshop design on the pages. Its a small update, not like last year.

I expect about 2-3 weeks and the book will be updated and newly designed.

Those that have purchased the 3.0 as it stands today, Ill just send you the updated book for free (not hard copies), but digital. Hal, You'll just drop the 3.0 ebook into your TMI folder, its no big deal.

As a matter of fact I have to run to the studio now and begin that effort... but only after I pick up a sick Mac that decided it wanted to act like a PC.. :(

Here is the link that shows the specifications on the update:

http://www.thevocaliststudiostore.com/THE-FOUR-PILLARS-OF-SINGING--Upgrade-For-Existing-Clients_p_56.html

Again, anyone that picks up an early copy, Ill just give you the updated 3.0 book when its ready in a couple weeks...

• Administrator

Hello D.Starr... yes, of course... there is an update price that is better then purchasing it brand new... for someone who has 2.0 like yourself, the link above would be the update price... you have to appreciate that... 2.5... from 2.0 was a TOTALLY new system... the book was completely rewritten and 2.0 didn't even have the cool new Training Media Interface?! 2.0 is just not the same product in any way, other then title... now we are talking about an update from 2.0 to 3.0? Even more of an incredible change... Improvements and updates from 2.5... all the specifications on this link are 2.5 - 3.0 update details... we have already blown past the 2.0 stage...

On a personal note, a lot of you guys know that I just keep digging and digging on this "Pillars" series... there are many reasons for that, but I want to say this... the biggest motivation for me to not just put the thing down and stop making updates is because I am still working to make the vocal training product that I dream of... the 'ultimate' product... the BEST in the world... that is my goal. To do that, you need amazing production standards/quality, you need amazing content that covers everything... all my ideas and even incorporates ideas from other great programs... and great technology like the TMI... This is a labor of love, an obsession really... to give you guys the most amazing thing I can imagine producing... what I'm already offering today... is pretty much there... especially with these new video updates and TMI improvements... the last little bit of push on the book... new pretty book design... is like the last 5% that needs to go...

P3.0 will be the product that is going to be translated into 6 languages; german, french, italian, dutch, spanish and chinese. ANOTHER reason why I have to make this perfect... I can't translate a product that will be going out to 2.87 Billion more customers that is not the best I can possibly imagine. For me to begin the monumental task of translating pillars and opening it up to the rest of the world... you have to know that 3.0 must be pretty good.

Previous versions, such as 2.0... I was proud of it, but knew it still needed to be better... with 3.0, Im actually able to say... Im totally proud of this and Im not sure there is anything else I can do to make it better... other then let 2-4 more years pass and grow more as a teacher and singer... its truly is my best foot forward... For you guys, it means your getting an amazing product that has everything, production, techniques, content, design, user interface, guide files, videos demos, lectures, workouts for women, etc...

Thanks for your support... I do this for YOU guys. Ok, I do it for a living too, but I truly do think a lot about my clients and I want them to keep giving me 5 star reviews... I like happy customers. Money without happy customers feels empty to me... money with happy customers feels like an achievement and a contribution to the world.

Here is the link again to read the specifications:

http://www.thevocaliststudiostore.com/THE-FOUR-PILLARS-OF-SINGING-30-Upgrade_p_56.html

Here is the video that describes the Training Media Interface (TMI) for those that are still not clear about what the TMI is, check this out, its very cool:

I apologize for any confusion regarding the seeming early launch... my contractor updated all my product pages to read "3.0" and now its creating some confusion.. and putting the pressure on me to get that final book updates done. But anyone reading this, know that:

1) If you update today to the digital copy, I will send you the updated 3.0 book for free and all you have to do is drop it into the proper folder of your TMI and it will work.

2). Those that purchase a hard copy, I will send you the digital copy immediately so you can begin training Now... and in a few weeks when the new P3.0 hard copies are ready, Ill mail you your hard copy.

3). Similar to the digital download, if you purchase the flash drive option, ill email you the P3.0 book and all you have to do is drop it into the proper folder.

So really, as long as I have your interests covered and make sure you all get the final 3.0 book, you don't really have to wait, you can get started now. In my view 90% of 3.0 is ready... all your missing for 2-3 weeks is the new design on the book and some added vowel groupings that will be similar to CVI... Yes, thats right... "Pillars" 3.0 will have similar vowel groupings as CVI, we are going to call them, "Acoustic Modes"... the larynx modes will be retitled to be "Physical Modes"... so we have two different kinds of modes, "Physical" (twang, sob, quack, falsetto, belt, etc...) & "Acoustic" (narrow, medium, wide vowel groupings). There will no longer be any content or ideas in the CVI vowel mode system that is not covered, and actually expanded on inside of "Pillars 3.0". You will have everything you need... :cool:

BTW... this idea of "Physical" modes & "Acoustic" modes was partly inspired by my student, Owen... we were chatting about it a few weeks ago... I want to make sure that he gets some credit for this.

Pretty soon ill be as broke as you tho lol! I'm going to berklee college of music which has a ridiculously expensive tuition and then hope to make a living as a full time musician which is never easy unless you get lucky and get some widespread fame. A financially idiotic plan i know, but I'm an optimist and work really hard at what I love so I believe after some trial and error Ill figure it out and get successful eventually...

Maybe frantic, sure. But live the dream. You are young and strong and now is the time to strike. A lot of lean years ahead.

And I don't see why you cannot pursue it on all fronts, as a recording and performing artist (you've already shown some basic skill in those areas,) but in writing, and producing. Even if you make it big as a recording artist, many of them realistically get 5 years and 3 huge albums. The smart ones also develope producing skills. And the songwriters, they always get a regular, if not exactly huge, check from ASCAP or BMI for use of their copyrighted material. That's why Trent Reznor is not all that offended that the Cash version of "Hurt" did better than the NIN original. Because he gets copyright royalty checks. I believe the operative word is "cha-ching."

And a hearty hooraw for 3.0, too.

Halcyon, I just emailed Rob and he said 3.0 is not actually officially done, the book still needs to be updated. Just the video, audio, and new TMI are all done.

So I don't know how it would work for you to eventually get the 3.0 updated ebook...interesting that you were able to purchase the other stuff.

Yeah. I did everything else was updated but rob said the book isn't completed yet.

So guess that's why it isn't officially done

And yes the tmi is great on your computer really organized it makes learning smoother :D

So get at it :D

Yeah my parents have always been extremely supportive in my musical development. So yeah it's not me its them...my dad has a great high paying job.

Back to the topic of Skype lessons - even if you can only afford one lesson, or one lesson every month, or every other month, its worth it, if you record the lesson and come warmed up and well practiced to each one.

Wow man now you're making me even more jealous XD haha

Well high five for being an optimist cuz I am too :D

But to be honest I wanna get great at singing not for the fame although that's an awesome benefit but it's more of just wanting to

I dunno I just love it an I wanna do it for no other reason than just wanting to do it. What's your reason?

With regards to the skype lessons?

Yeah hell yeah it's worth it but

You know. Im almost rich now all i need is the money XD

Hal, thanks for your support and Im glad you finally got your synch buddy! Yes, I want to be clear to clients and fans here... I am 3/4 done. The video, audio and TMI are all done... Hal can tell you how nice the TMI is now... the TMI has been cleaned up and navigates much more logically now... all the heavy lifting of video production and TMI development, the most difficult stuff, is done. I took about 5 months to produce.

The book is currently 2.9, which was totally updated last year with 2.5. Completely rewritten, so it is a great book and something Im proud of. The 3.0 book will simply have, more vowel work, an expanded Training Routine and a nice design/layout... a professional photoshop design on the pages. Its a small update, not like last year.

I expect about 2-3 weeks and the book will be updated and newly designed.

Those that have purchased the 3.0 as it stands today, Ill just send you the updated book for free (not hard copies), but digital. Hal, You'll just drop the 3.0 ebook into your TMI folder, its no big deal.

As a matter of fact I have to run to the studio now and begin that effort... but only after I pick up a sick Mac that decided it wanted to act like a PC.. :(

Here is the link that shows the specifications on the update:

http://www.thevocaliststudiostore.com/THE-FOUR-PILLARS-OF-SINGING--Upgrade-For-Existing-Clients_p_56.html

Again, anyone that picks up an early copy, Ill just give you the updated 3.0 book when its ready in a couple weeks...

Yes it was the solution to people who have slow interwebz like me :(

But yeah it was definitely worth it

Sure i'll just drop the updated ebook on the folders no biggie

But the big damn I give about is you really went out of your way rob

To help me

The frustration and headaches of the downloading and the cloud services that were messed up haha

Well. It only shows that you are not in it just for the money

You really care about your students and to me that's what an ideal teacher and business man should be :D

Not to mention a great singer but that's already a given ;)

Seriously thanks a lot :D

Wow man now you're making me even more jealous XD haha

Well high five for being an optimist cuz I am too :D

But to be honest I wanna get great at singing not for the fame although that's an awesome benefit but it's more of just wanting to

I dunno I just love it an I wanna do it for no other reason than just wanting to do it. What's your reason?

With regards to the skype lessons?

Yeah hell yeah it's worth it but

You know. Im almost rich now all i need is the money XD

Well that's cool singing is a great hobby. Good for the mind and the body.

My reason for wanting to go pro with music (is that what you asked?) is cuz I'm as obsessed with songwriting/producing/performing etc as rob is with teaching vocal technique.

And I have such a big passion for it I wanna do it 24/7 even if it means I'm having ramen for dinner every night. Not that that will happen but I'd honestly rather that than have a non musical day job and live in a yacht filled with 5 star restaurants....but have so much less time to play music!

And the fame part is about inspiring others. It's a way of giving back the inspiration my idols have given me...passing it on to new generations. But that's just the icing in the cake. I doubt ill get much of it. If I can get past "local" I'd be thrilled.

And then why singing, well basically it's just one important part of the big picture. I feel it connects well and assists with the joy of songwriting and performing. I want to do a lot of things musically and singing is one of them.