My Iris Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Keith,

I liked it. It's amazing how many slightly different takes on the same song we can manage between us. I think your backing track was a tad slower than the one I used which made the verses sound very mellow thus creating more contrast in the chorus in which I thought you put quite a plaintive inflection in your voice.

Good job.

You know I am a fan of your voice.

Of course, you sound nothing at all like Johnny. But this song fits your voice and vice versa. I know I have said it before with other songs. But if you are going to have a few ballads in the set list, put this one in there.

I know, maybe the band doesn't want to do that, to avoid the "More than Words Can Say" curse of Extreme.

Still. this was really good. Or do you need to strike out on your own, ala Mark Wahlberg's character in "Rockstar"?

I put yours equal to anyone else's.

Sounds really good. Being myself I tend to spit out some kind of constructive criticism. And the best thing I could possibly suggest in this case is, if you plan on performing this, just practice it more. It sounds great already but it could use more overall polish. And that comes through just running it through a hundred times, working out the finer details and solidifying muscle memory. But generally speaking you are doing everything right and the approach you're taking is perfect for your voice and for the song.

Sounds good Keith. It has your unmistakable sound and it fits well with the song.

I hope I get an oportunity soon to record this. Then you all will know what straining really sounds like.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Very nice Keith! I liked the final chorus the best because IMO it sounded much more energetic, almost like a live presentation. It seems that when MDEW and myself record and post our attempts at Iris, we will have a little contest of who sounds more strained. eh eh Just kidding! Hopefully till then we will be able to do a better job. What do you say MDEW? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Keith sorry for the delay, I was not following this section on the last days.

I think its sounding nice man.

These higher notes are sounding more stable and natural, really improved from what you were doing before. Pay attention on what you did on the first " I don't want the world to see me", that phrase came very, very nice. Try to bring more of that "depth/space" to the rest of the chorus.

On the verses it depends on what you want to do in there. I believe there are a few minor points in there where you could "profit" a lot, like the very first "and I". But its more of choices, drop me an email if you want.

Good work really. :)

BTW man, would you by any chance have a backing track for Faith no More - Ashes to Ashes and/or Falling to Pieces?

Hey Keith sorry for the delay, I was not following this section on the last days.

I think its sounding nice man.

These higher notes are sounding more stable and natural, really improved from what you were doing before. Pay attention on what you did on the first " I don't want the world to see me", that phrase came very, very nice. Try to bring more of that "depth/space" to the rest of the chorus.

On the verses it depends on what you want to do in there. I believe there are a few minor points in there where you could "profit" a lot, like the very first "and I". But its more of choices, drop me an email if you want.

Good work really. :)

BTW man, would you by any chance have a backing track for Faith no More - Ashes to Ashes and/or Falling to Pieces?

Hey man. Thanks fot listening! As far as Faith no More, I have Easy, Epic, Midlife Crisis.

www.drop-head.com