New video posted, tell me what you think!

• TMV World Legacy Member

So I'm trying a new way to mix the vocals with the music, so that is puts more emphasis on the vocals, without the distraction of the original vocals! I have been singing for a while and am always looking for constructive criticisms!

The video can be listened to there!

Cheers

Great job Will. There's nothing I can critique here. Super strong voice and great on the screams. Your G5 at the end shows blew my head off.

... do I just post my stuff when I upload more?

I'd like to hear more. This site is more for critiquing but I think your an inspiration for others hear. Plus it would be a good thing if you could participate in critiquing others. We need help that you can give.

I was going to try and compare your voice to someone else. I have listen to Kansas since the mid-70's, so I have heard the Steve Walsh eras, and the John Elefante era. But your voice is unique. That's a win.

Good stuff. Keep doing what you are doing. Yes, I am the king of the "good job." Sorry to burden you like that. I can't think of anything you need to fix and I just don't have it in me to come up with all kinds of stuff to help you sound like Steve. I already like Steve. And I like your voice. You are doomed to be successful with a great sound.

Hey bro! Nice to see you on here, ive been a secret fan of you ever since i youtubed your daniel heiman screams 3-4 years ago :) your technique and voice is really solid(as always) i cannot find any errors there.

What i would like to hear more in your singing and what i think would get you to the next level is to get your emotional side and your interpretation skills up to the level of your voice.

Perhaps try to get abit more of your own experiences and emotions mixed in with that flawless voice of yours.

Ive gotten loads of great tips from various musicalteachers about this so just shoutout if you find this intresting:) never stop screaming mate and cheers

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys, sorry if my reply here necros this old post back up, as I release more videos and original music is there a better place to post it than the critique section? Still trying to find my way about here :-p

That depends. A few choices. A number of people view this section as the place to "fix" things. If you have nothing that needs "fixing," many will not comment.

Robert Lunte puts up songs in the vocal coaching section as they are not for critique for other reasons, such as trying a new recording equipment.

The other option is to have a page on the media site of this forum. It's easy enough to get started. Just like the forum, it only takes an email and a password. And you can set up your media page with several presets to choose from.

For the latter, I would suggest getting in touch with our admin, Adolph Namlik. He is da man.