Jordan Pass - Soundcloud

Rate this topic

:D I really like those. It has been a while since I have heard songs that I enjoy on first listen. Now for all the questions. :rolleyes:

Are those originals? Did you write them yourself? I noticed in a few places that your voice has a little jump between notes. It has a neat sound to it. Did you use auto tune or is that jump your natural voice? Please do not feel offended by that question. It is not out of disrespect either way.

I believe you were the one who posted sirens before and that jump was noticed and thought to be autotune.

Thank you very much

Yeah they're all originals. I write all my own material with help from my producer/manager.

Some areas in Supernova have a sort of autotune to add to the electronic sound same as Unforgiven.

We went for a similar vocal effect as Miike Snow - Silvia, the warped synth vocal. http://youtu.be/bNy8EMNrgUM?t=2m16s

After practicing though I can get a similar effect naturally.

Yeah sometimes when I do sirens my voice does crack and flip and have a similar sound to autotune. I don't have access to it outside of the studio though. It's not really that hard, it's just a manipulation of the tongue and mouth.

Thanks for commenting :)

Quality music, man. In this regard I feel my voice is too classical for this stuff. I once tried to sing some Adam Lopez stuff (you might know him), and I just didn’t sound convincing at all.

I really like Unforgiven, and I’m currently listening to Supernova. Really, really good, man.

The guitar in Smile Like Sunshine sounds out of tune, or at least the C# note, because when your vocals kick in, it’s all good.

EDIT: And now I’m listening to Arcadia, just the intro just now. AMAZING!!! (Oh, wait, that’s not yours???)

Thank you very much.

I think I know what you mean. My voice leans straight to R&B/Soul just because of the music and influences I've had. I do believe it can be unlearned or even adapted. Pretty much like learning how to sing it's just getting into the format and knowing what to change etc.

If I'm honest I never liked Unforgiven, but after we sat down and added things and messed around with it, its grown on me. Supernova is my favourite. I like the upbeat tempo.

I'm thinking of working on an old scholl 80's locking (dance style) /MJ style track.

The guitar is out? Hmm I'll speak to my producer about it. He did say he was going to re-do a few things.

Lol yeah Arcadia isn't mine. Someone who visits the studio.

If you didn't know, D, I am a hard rock hippie from the 70's. And I liked what you did in this style.

I have heard "Supernova" before and it was good to listen to it, again.

"Smile Like Sunshine." That's the breakout hit song. It's a cross-over hit, too. As in, Daughtry could do it. Certainly someone like Tim McGraw could do it. Sheryl Crow. And it could be synchro-licensed to one of those romantic comedy movies. You know, the part in the movie when the characters realize they were meant for each other and all this other stuff that happened to them was a test to show what their love means. Women will buy this song like crazy and guys will buy it for their girlfriends or wives as a romantic move.

"Unforgiven" - excellent. Dark and mysterious. Another part of another movie soundtrack. Start marketing your stuff toward music directors at studios. In the artist development thread, there is an ancient thread that was posted by Ken Tamplin, based on his contacts in the music and movie industry. Every one here knows him as a teacher but he has toured the world singing with bands, mostly christian rock bands. So, he knows some people.

And your producer may know some people.

rockonwhichyabadself.

If you didn't know, D, I am a hard rock hippie from the 70's. And I liked what you did in this style.

I have heard "Supernova" before and it was good to listen to it, again.

"Smile Like Sunshine." That's the breakout hit song. It's a cross-over hit, too. As in, Daughtry could do it. Certainly someone like Tim McGraw could do it. Sheryl Crow. And it could be synchro-licensed to one of those romantic comedy movies. You know, the part in the movie when the characters realize they were meant for each other and all this other stuff that happened to them was a test to show what their love means. Women will buy this song like crazy and guys will buy it for their girlfriends or wives as a romantic move.

"Unforgiven" - excellent. Dark and mysterious. Another part of another movie soundtrack. Start marketing your stuff toward music directors at studios. In the artist development thread, there is an ancient thread that was posted by Ken Tamplin, based on his contacts in the music and movie industry. Every one here knows him as a teacher but he has toured the world singing with bands, mostly christian rock bands. So, he knows some people.

And your producer may know some people.

rockonwhichyabadself.

Hahaha I love you Ronws :)

Yeah we're working on getting it out to the masses soon.

In talks with a few managers (One is the current manager of Paul McCartney) Be so cool if I could get him. I'll be happy wth whoever though. Everyone starts somewhere right?

I'll keep you guys posted.

Hahaha I love you Ronws :)

Yeah we're working on getting it out to the masses soon.

In talks with a few managers (One is the current manager of Paul McCartney) Be so cool if I could get him. I'll be happy wth whoever though. Everyone starts somewhere right?

I'll keep you guys posted.

Good for you, D. You are young and strong and you've got the stuff to make it.

The sign of a good song is that it sticks in your head after a first listen. These three songs do that. Keep up the great writing.

Your voice has a good, solid professional sound. It is also unique and memorable.

You say that it’s not a final master but it sounds pretty darn good. The people that you are working with definitely know what they’re doing. Be sure to post up the final master so we can hear it.

Great stuff D. Really nice.

The guitar is not out on Sunshine. At the beginning the guitarist is fretting the C# with some strength and it is stretching the string a little making it sharp. It is an important note in the intro so it sticks out a little making it seem that the guitar is out of tune. But after the intro he doesn't fret it hard and it is perfectly in tune. The guitar is perfectly in tune.

Dude. You sound great! Keep doing what you are doing!

Thank you very much :)

Great stuff D. Really nice.

The guitar is not out on Sunshine. At the beginning the guitarist is fretting the C# with some strength and it is stretching the string a little making it sharp. It is an important note in the intro so it sticks out a little making it seem that the guitar is out of tune. But after the intro he doesn't fret it hard and it is perfectly in tune. The guitar is perfectly in tune.

Thanks. Had me worried for a sec. All the tracks need mastering and then we're seeking radio play. Can't wait.

Smile Like Sunshine is getting a simple video too.