*Mine The Metal* original + my new band

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys. I'm probably not going to be putting in much forum time anymore. It's likely I'll be preoccupied with a few things. But never mind that, here's a new original I just finished.

:)

And also, I'm in a new 'supergroup' with some members of other metal bands you may know. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191902

Check out that post if interested!

Let me know what you think.

I've always thought you had a very unique voice, which you used tremendously well! Mine the metal is no exception.

That you would wound up in a band with great instrumentalists is no surprise for anyone who's familiar with your voice.

Reading the comments at Blabbermouth, I can only say: they will eat their words! :D

I liked it, Adon. DT-ish guitar phrasing and the overall melodic effect is Black Sabbath. And of course, your "Demon from the Pit" voice.

As for naysayers on blabbermouth, how can they even pan the music if it has not been released? But I have noticed this at forums and fansites. People actually enjoy confrontation and starting hubris where non existed before. It is evidently, the nature of man.

What will happen, Adon, is that you will crush their mealy mouths with the very expensive boots you will be able to afford after the album goes triple plat, world-wide. Probably at least single plat in the US. Another plat in SA. The third plat in Europe.

I dig it, and congratulations on the new project.

As for the imbeciles who left comments, ignore them. I was very young when I first pursued music, and my biggest critics back then eventually became my biggest supporters. Age means nothing if the talent is there. I was working with someone earlier this year who won Guitar Center's "Guitarmageddon" contest here in Orlando two years ago.

He was 17 when he won.

So, use your youth to your advantage. It will be the first thing people bring up when you win them over. (He's only 17, can you believe that?!?!)

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Good Luck Lord. I read the comments on Blabbermouth first, Laughing the whole time because these people do not know what they are in for. Metal needs a unique voice and you have one that fits well.

Stop in from time to time and give us updates.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thanks guys :) From what people have told me, Blabbermouth is generally pretty harsh in their comments. But I definitely think all that skepticism will lead to more interest, hehe.

But check it out guys, I have had some positive responses. This article [ http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/former-current-members-of-arch-enemy-god-forbid-nevermore-form-ghost-ship-octavius ] even compared me to russel allen!

@Validar: I agree, and people kind of overlook the musicians that started young in their career for some reason.

@MDEW: I'll try to :)

Adon, blues phenom Johnny Lang had a recording contract when he was 17. So, there is precedent to be young and successful. And Kenny Wayne Shepherd, not much older when he hit the big time.

Lest we forget, Neil Schon was 17 when he joined Journey. He was the baby of the group until Arnel came along.

George Chapin, whom most of you don't know but you may have heard of his uncle, Harry Chapin, was playing a locally heavy band called Silverado when he was 17. I met him when he had his band, XLR8. And he is missing the ring finger on each hand, a genetic defect. And plays as fast as Alex Lifeson.

The only person who will ever hold you back is you.

You are a rock star, Adon.

Lest we forget, Neil Schon was 17 when he joined Journey.

Yes, and a member of Santana at 15. Back in those days, he had the biggest afro I've ever seen on any human being.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the new band mate! I'm at work so can't listen to the song right now, will give it a listen when I get home.

Cheers!