"Painkiller" practise - What is going on here?

Rate this topic

Practising my higher range the other day and for that i love to sing "Painkiller" by Judas Priest. When i was listening to my samples i was noticing one thing. Though i didn´t change on purpose my setup (trying to have the equal sound) it sounded differently. The first part that ends with "soaring high" sound in one way, the second part that ends with "deadly wheels" sound in one way and then the last part also sound different. Why is that? Is it because of warm-up, tiredness in the voice or maybe i use a different set up without noicing it myself. I hope you understand what i mean. Thanx in advance/ Ola

https://www.box.com/s/7ahe6j36u9jlk3qly751

Different vowels.

High is on the ah vowel, wheel is on the ee vowel. try eh as a bridging sound to compare the two different words and see if that doesn't bring the words closer together.

That is, sing it as heh and whehl

Them stinkin' vowels, the bane AND savior of the singer ....

Olem - Nice job. It's hard to say.. The parts don't sound all that different to me. But I bet they feel different to you? You seem like you are using quite a bit of energy and compression up high. I think that can be very fatiguing to sustain for the entire time. So I would guess that it is a bit of fatigue. But I certainly don't hear it.