Summer Breeze

• TMV World Legacy Member

It's very hot in the UK currently so I thought I'd give this 1972 hit a whirl:

I am discovering my softer side :)

As usual, constructive criticism or 'good job' is welcome.

George

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

If you'd ever make a mistake we may be able to comment. :P

Awesome again. Keep em' comin'.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Very well done. Sounds great.

If you ever want to hear a completely different version of this, check out Type O Negative's cover.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Thanks MDEM and Validar ;)

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

1972. I was 8, Scott was 6. Our first step-father, Gerald, was a boiler tech 2c on the USS Ogden, stationed at the port of Los Angeles. We were living, I think, in either National City or Chula Vista. I remember the smell of the sea. The majesty and power of the ship at the Navy port. I had a military id, being immediate family of an active serviceman, allowing me on base, and aboard ship. In fact, later, when the ship was transferred to the Port of San Diego and we moved with it, I was able to go to the Captain's Quarters to see our step-father re-enlist. He enlisted during the hey day of the Viet Nam War, served an active deployment in 1969, guarding supply ships in the Sea of Japan, a lifer, hoping to make Petty Officer, maybe Chief Petty Officer in the engineering department.

His younger brother, Jimmy, enlisted when he was old enough and we got see him graduate "boot camp."

Uncle Jimmy gave me my first ride on a motorcycle. Harley-Davidson panhead on a chopped frame with ape-hanger handlebars. It was built like "Captain America" from "Easy Rider" except that Jimmy's bike had a diamond shaped tank, instead of teardrop.

Thanks for bringing back the memories, George.

Good job, as usual.

Ron

the sea has a strong lure. Althugh I grew up on the edge of the Black Country (as you know) in central England, these days I live near the sea (Scarborough). I would miss it if I ever moved away.

This is one of those songs that's sort of ingrained in my subconscious.

George

Many thanks geno

:)

The sun has now gone in UK, I think we only had it for a week this year, but it was long enough for me to record that song :)

Nice job George. The heatwave continues over in Manchester and this makes a nice back drop to a lazy day in the sun (or busy as mine seems to be).

Liam

It's about 27 Celsius / 80 Fahrenheit where I am which isn't record breaking but that's hot for here. Just nice to see a bit of sun regardless of the temperature!

80 F? That was our morning low temp, here. It's supposed to be cooler here today to where it's not suppose to quite reach 100 F. But we can get days and weeks of 100 + F for a high temp and we call that July and August.