Rock/Metal song with D4-G4-Bâ™­4-D5 climb

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, Hey,

H E R E you go!!!

This is a song by Harv Harbinson who is now a member of the band Stormzone if I’m not mistaken.

Anyway, I really like the first bit of this song. It’s very lyric with all the long notes, but it’s really fun to do.

I have both a Shure SM58 microphone and a LS-10 voice recorder. I used the latter, because I can’t make my voice sound like anything using the mic. If that is due to bad projection, I should work on that, I guess. I’m classicaly trained and I did a lot of musical theater stuff, too, where microphone usage is pretty different. I record using the FireStudio Mobile and Studio One 2.

So, it sounds funny because the recording is quite dry, while my recording is super wet.

Up to B♭4 I seem to be fine, because I constrict a bit with the D5, which may sound nice to some, but I’d like to have it cleaner.

My tone seems quite balanced, but I think I can open up more.

Lyrics (I messed up here and there):

CONFUSION by Harv Harbinson

I thought we could make it.

My thoughts were misgiven, not knowing you took me for a fool.

What could I do as you stood before me?

I was amazed by your charm.

Twisting me round your little finger, requesting love was what I sought.

As I went to touch you, I could’ve settled on you.

You seem to mark me with your eyes.

Cheers,

Mano

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

:) Now that is what I call ONE voice from bottom to top. Nice.

If that is you in the picture you have a well developed voice for a 7 year old. :lol:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I think the vowel could be modded on the word eyes to open it up a little. Try pronouncing it "uhys" as in "guys" . I think it sounds great just the way it is. It has bite to it. You will lose some if that bite if you modify the vowel.

www.drop-head.com

Thanks, I’ll try that. Yes, now listening it back after a while, it’s kinda neat, but compared to all the rest of my singing, the high D sticks out tonewise. I’ll experiment some more.

Thanks, again.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.