Bon Jovi - It's My Life

• TMV World Legacy Member

Darn it, Derek, you are like a bag of potato chips. I just can't stop. This is probably the 5th time I have listened to your cover. And I can find nothing wrong with it. Not even what others found wrong with it, like high notes not being long enough. It sounds like you sang it the way that Jon would. The feeling and intonation, I mean. And, of the JBJ catalog, this is my favorite song, even more than the old stuff.

I don't suppose I could talk you into covering "Have a Nice Day"?

Darn it, Derek, you are like a bag of potato chips. I just can't stop. This is probably the 5th time I have listened to your cover. And I can find nothing wrong with it. Not even what others found wrong with it, like high notes not being long enough. It sounds like you sang it the way that Jon would. The feeling and intonation, I mean. And, of the JBJ catalog, this is my favorite song, even more than the old stuff.

I don't suppose I could talk you into covering "Have a Nice Day"?

Haha, thanks man. This one bugs me cause I can't get that JBJ rasp on the chorus, but I suppose it's really not that big of a deal. I've been trying to think of another JBJ cover...I was messing around with "You Give Love a Bad Name", but on the other hand, I didn't think about "Have a Nice Day". Think I'll do it here in a few days, when I get some free time ;)

Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.
-Frank Sinatra

I need to send you my butchered chorus for that song and totally ruin it for you.

I just read it...thanks. That song is forever ruined for me now, LOL

Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.
-Frank Sinatra

I listened to the video clip and i actually prefer your version. I don't know if it is a stylictic choice but on the video, the high notes are very tight and seemed to be reached by force (at least thats how it sounds to my hears). I found your rendition better on these parts.

I listened to the video clip and i actually prefer your version. I don't know if it is a stylictic choice but on the video, the high notes are very tight and seemed to be reached by force (at least thats how it sounds to my hears). I found your rendition better on these parts.

Thanks, I appreciate it. That's the Bon Jovi "sound" though in the video. That pinched sound is just his style :cool:

-Frank Sinatra

I just read it...thanks. That song is forever ruined for me now, LOL

I actually made a sound file of it and other songs I have ruined. I made it for Adolph. Shall I send it to you. Reading is one thing, hearing is another.

Who knows, you may like my profane version of "O Sole Mio."

I actually made a sound file of it and other songs I have ruined. I made it for Adolph. Shall I send it to you. Reading is one thing, hearing is another.

Who knows, you may like my profane version of "O Sole Mio."

Lol, yeah send them!

-Frank Sinatra