Peace, Love, and Understanding

• TMV World Legacy Member

This song was originally written by Nick Lowe as a slow, soft hippie kind of ballad, in the folk song tradition. It was even sung low, in the key of G. Then a young british upstart by the ubiquitous name of Elvis Costello took the song, put in a punk rock beat, rockabilly guitar, and a new wave vocal style and it became a monstrous hit. I transposed it to the key of A for myself by using the capo at the second fret on my guitar. The style is rough but like Costello, I like belting this one out.

This song was originally written by Nick Lowe as a slow, soft hippie kind of ballad, in the folk song tradition. It was even sung low, in the key of G. Then a young british upstart by the ubiquitous name of Elvis Costello took the song, put in a punk rock beat, rockabilly guitar, and a new wave vocal style and it became a monstrous hit. I transposed it to the key of A for myself by using the capo at the second fret on my guitar. The style is rough but like Costello, I like belting this one out.

Hey man...heard the clip...there were some audio problems with it with your breath making short bursts and also the quality was fairly low...may be you can upload a better version? all in all your voice seemed okay to me...sometimes a bit too nasal for my taste and sometimes a bit constrained on the upper notes...may be you should look into these areas.

being frank and honest man, hope you didn't take it personally.

Peace!

Ashique M. Fahim

Ashique M. Fahim
Instrumental Rock Guitarist
www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
http://www.youtube.com/user/kalapoka666
www.myspace.com/amfahim
www.facebook.com/iamfahim

Hey man...heard the clip...there were some audio problems with it with your breath making short bursts and also the quality was fairly low...may be you can upload a better version? all in all your voice seemed okay to me...sometimes a bit too nasal for my taste and sometimes a bit constrained on the upper notes...may be you should look into these areas.

being frank and honest man, hope you didn't take it personally.

Peace!

Ashique M. Fahim

No prob. It's mainly due to the equipment I have. A small desktop mic. Yes, I do have a nasal quality at times, depending on my sinuses. As it turns out, while I was recording this one, I was coming down with a cold. I held back on the upper notes on this song because it was mainly sung low, to begin with. Costello's live performances actually use the higher notes more often than the studio recording.