We Found Love/Umbrella -Rihanna - Am I singing too loud/too much power

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.smule.com/p/86614364_13637262

http://www.smule.com/p/86614364_13627214

Hi, I know it's me again! Haha, probably sick of seeing me now lol!

Anyway, here is my newest cover. I was just wondering if I'm going into songs too hard because in most of my recent songs my voice is very... Boomy?

If I tried to go quieter it doesn't feel natural and my voice just cracks, I'm using open throat, breathing from the diaphragm and 'bearing down' or pushing from my stomach.

Thanks!

Eta: just ignore the quiet parts this song is open as a duet on the app, hence the vocal breaks as well.

Keep doing what you are doing. Don't worry that your voice is "too boomy." Do what it is that your voice does.

My opinion and $170 USD will get you a Diet Coke. I swear to God or whatever you think is holy or valid to swear by, when I hear someone is going to do a cover, I really, really, really don't care if they are doing an exact copy of sound and timbre. I am expecting to hear how the song sounds in a different voice. Which makes me an odd guy, I guess.

I think you did well on these and should do some more. More importantly, start writing your own stuff. And if you don't play an instrument, that's okay. Award-winning (notice, I said award-winning" songwriter James Blum cannot play an instrument. He hums melodies and lyrics into a portable digital recorder and then gets with a friend of his who plays guitar and they figure out the arrangement from there. So, fiind yourself a guitar or piano player to flesh out what you write.

You won't make a career from doing covers. You will make a career from unique music of your own, spiced here and there with covers you like doing.

Led Zeppelin's first album had a "cover" song on it. I dare you to figure out which song. Because they did the cover as if they wrote it.

They're just instrumentals of YouTube and I'm not confident enough to change it around yet, I'm still trying to work on my vocals.

But you are right, I don't know anyone who plays an instrument but I will work on writing some stuff anyway.

Thanks for the reply :)!