Posting a new tune, its been a few months

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone,

Its been a few months, and have been working on gettin a better 'top down' sound going on.

I am a beginner singer so I would like to hear feedback on my voice for this style of song. The song is by a Blues singer from canada, 'Matt Anderson'. But its not a blues song more like a country ballad.

He has a huge voice which I know is impossible to emulate, so I just did my thing on it, playing the guitar and singing. This was recorded via a condensor mic hanging in front of my amp pointed at me like a monitor.

http://www.box.net/shared/9lsk69i173

Thanks for reading.

Pete

• TMV World Legacy Member

You have an even tone all the way through. Kind of a Steve Earle vibe is the nearest comparison I can make. You sounded hesitant in register shifts. You hit the note on pitch but held back a little. Your best transition was the use of the word "so" as a slide to the next elevation of melody. It allows you to start whereever and float up to it. I can't find any fault but I was thinking that if you went a little nasally or twangy when you transitioned to the higher parts of the melody, it would give it some bite and it might ease your transition. Either that, or slide like you did at approximately the third quarter of the song.