Is it worth it to take a free singing class after all?

Rate this topic

musicavenger27

Do you think it will help me?

I graduated valedictorian in HS last year (out of almost 600) and am currently going into college as a freshman. Thus, I get free tuition for the first 2 semesters of any public university in Texas, no matter how many hours I take those first 2 semesters. I chose UNT.

So along with my 15 hours of academic coursework (includes Honors Music in Human Imagination for Music Majors) I enrolled in a voice class for music majors. It's 3 hours per week but only 1 hour credit, do you think it will help my singing or not?

I found out recently that the teacher is a soprano chick. Bummer, but still ...

Do you think it will help me?

I graduated valedictorian in HS last year (out of almost 600) and am currently going into college as a freshman. Thus, I get free tuition for the first 2 semesters of any public university in Texas, no matter how many hours I take those first 2 semesters. I chose UNT.

So along with my 15 hours of academic coursework (includes Honors Music in Human Imagination for Music Majors) I enrolled in a voice class for music majors. It's 3 hours per week but only 1 hour credit, do you think it will help my singing or not?

I found out recently that the teacher is a soprano chick. Bummer, but still ...

A) it's UNT, a prestigious school

B) you are getting your classes paid for to get some legit training

C) who cares if it's a woman? are that sexist?

Shut up and take the course. You have advantages. Use them. Being smart means utiliziing opportunities as they arise. Be smart and utilize. And I don't live to far from UNT. I could drive other there and tell you aggie jokes until you submit and take advantage of the opportunities given to you. Do you want that? My aggie jokes have been registered by DHS as a means of enhanced interrogation technique.

:D

A) it's UNT, a prestigious school

B) you are getting your classes paid for to get some legit training

C) who cares if it's a woman? are that sexist?

Shut up and take the course. You have advantages. Use them. Being smart means utiliziing opportunities as they arise. Be smart and utilize. And I don't live to far from UNT. I could drive other there and tell you aggie jokes until you submit and take advantage of the opportunities given to you. Do you want that? My aggie jokes have been registered by DHS as a means of enhanced interrogation technique.

:D

I'm taking the course. Since they already processed the class registration and deducted fee charges from my gargantuan financial aid package, if I got out of it and then tried to re-register for that section I would be charged for tuition.

The thing is there were 2 identical sections, one was at 11 and the other at 12 (MoWeFr), and the one at 11 would have been taught by a man so if I had gotten him then it probably would have been more pleasant simply due to the fact that there would have been more to relate to there. I'm still excited about the class, don't get me wrong. I just know I'll struggle trying to keep up with her chesty C5s.

I'm not going to be a *music major* as I mostly just want to get prerequisites out of the way to go to pharmacy school. But I opted to take the music major sections because I know a lot about music theory (got a 98 in AP theory last year when the class average was like a 79).

And yeah, feel free to drive to Denton and spew your pro - Aggie jokes. At least up in NorTex we don't stay hot and humid all year round like in College Station.

And yeah, feel free to drive to Denton and spew your pro - Aggie jokes. At least up in NorTex we don't stay hot and humid all year round like in College Station.

One clarification, not exactly pro-Aggie. I was attending UT at Arlington in 1982. That means I am a longhorn and have to rib on Aggies.

You know how to keep an Aggie in suspense? Put him in a round room and tell him to stand in the corner.