Trying "Deja Vu" by Iron Maiden

• TMV World Legacy Member

Such a great cover, man! :cool:

I hope I could have that control over my mixed voice. You sound very cool!

I am no expert, so I cannot give any proper advice. I just think that you have to be somewhat more attentive to pitch. You have the technique, so correcting your pitch should be an easy job. Do you play a musical instrument? Other than your vocal cords, naturally :lol: That can help a lot with pitch. Even if you're no expert in any instrument, having a guitar, a piano or even a bass at hand can be a huge aid.

I also listened to your Painkiller cover (and subscribed to your YouTube channel in the meantime), and it blew me away, man. That head voice of yours is killer!

Thanx, for listening, Karl! Yeah, staying on pitch has always been one of my biggest problems. I don´t play any other instrument but i sometimes use a digital piano here on my computer to distinguish pitch.

First off, I like that compressed sound you get, just like Bruce. And this is one of the few times I have heard someone sound a lot like him. There has been one other, actually. But he used to be in a IM tribute band (ya think?).

There were a few words that were pitchy. And that is the answer, right there. It's not a matter of matching pitch against an instrument. You can already do that all day, on a single vowel of your choosing. And that is the secret. Sing on the vowel.

Think of the lyric as a melody to sing, not prose to be recited. The singing voice is a musical instrument, not an organ of recitation.

Yeah, I know, that's more of ronws' "singing is mental" stuff. But there it is. A perspective. I bet if you tried it that way, the little wobbles here and there would go away. And that is the magic pill for the day.

:D

Thanks for the feedback, Ron! Yeah, these are the sounds i am after, i love the heavyness in Dickinson and Halford's voices and can imitate them fairly well nowadays. Unfortunately, it's a very fatiguing way of singing and it is not surprising that none of them are able to sing those high-pitched songs consistently live, not even in their prime.