Just do it!

Rate this topic

Danielformica

I've been watching this guy for awhile now.

I was going to post a thread asking about the vacuum exercise he speaks about for better anchoring for dead lifts and ab workouts.

The are he speaks of is the Thoracolumbar fascia, nature's belt as he says. Thought it might help with support.

Obviously you're not going to suck you tummy in every time but it sort of helps.

But yeah I understand what Elliot is saying. That's the reason I have stayed off the forum for awhile.

Great video. For this forum in particular.

I have stuck with one program/method for at least a year. The best vocal improvements I've made came within that year. Go figure.

It's still tempting to look to new approaches to get a different perspective and start combining stuff. I'm at a bit of a weird point in my training right now where I'm not sure whether to continue on the same path or branch out and try a new approach. Or to just keep singing and use the principles I've learned to figure out the rest on my own. But whatever path I take I know that if I put in the practice time I will get results. When you strip it all down I think that is his point in this video. And consistently practice the same principles on a long term basis instead of changing them constantly in search of a silver bullet

:)

Nice one Dan. I cant remember the number of times I got an answer like "for now, just execute it, we worry about the reasons later", focus on improving.

And I think that to this day, its probably the same.

I firmly believe that before you have solid results of something applied in practice, seeking written info and trying to "understand" it is a major waste of time and attention.

I've been doing Stronglifts 5x5 lately and I love it. Elliot's videos are sometimes interesting, but man it's funny how he always shouts when he's speaking.

Stronglifts is where it's at! I need to just start from scratch from it though, as I finally realized I wasn't deadlifting properly (I was making it a legs exercise instead of a lower back) when I started cutting, so my "proper" deadlift is disproportionately low. I also haven't had a gym nor will get one until I get a job, so it's been like 4 months since I've lifted.

Hopefully muscle memory will do it's part, and I was pretty much nearing the limit for strength gains using it.

Yeah, well, I was swinging a pick-axe today. It's not about the strength, it's about form. I am middle-aged and can still swing a pick to bust up shale rock.

It's not the maximum amount of weight you lift, it is how you lift. Same with singing. Intensity is an illusion that is supported by the right form, or technique, for you (whoever you are.)