The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - The Ecstasy of Gold

Rate this topic

Hi everyone.

I not only love the old western movies but I love their soundtracks. Earlier I vocalized to "Once upon a time in the West" with Charles Bronson. This time it's my all time favorite, "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with Clint Eastwood. The songs name is "The Ecstasy of Gold" written by Ennio Morricone. The powerful music he wrote stirs up such strong emotions that it really made the slow pace of the "spaghetti westerns" work.

I love this piece. It was one of my favorite Eastwood movies when it first came out. And one of my favorite soundtracks, just because of this piece.

And so pleased to find that years later, in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster", filmed during the tour of St. Anger, Metallica uses it as a loop to open the show, sometimes leading in with Kirk Hammett, who can play this on guitar. And then, James, after warming up, is singing what you are singing, about an octave down, to get pump up before entrance, stage left.

Well done, Elena.

Oh, Elena.....

You're holding one of those nasty, nasty, guns ? Don't you realize how dangerous they are ? :lol::lol::lol:

Better shut my mouth before I get a "knock on the door" :D

Anyway, Very well done :cool:

Brought a funny image to mind. As petite as Elena is, I could imagine the gun being as big as she is. But I wouldn't mess with her. Some of her videos show her skill in Aikido. She can kick some butt, when needed.

Note to self: don't get on Elena's bad side.

Wow, this was horrible. Just horrible.

I'm totally kidding! I just wanted to know what it was like to not give a positive review. :P This was great as usual, and the song will probably be stuck in my head for the remainder of the evening.

As for Aikido (which was Steven Seagal's main discipline), I've always found it to be a fascinating discipline, being so largely defense based.

Elena - I loved the video and song!

Validar, I have trained in Aikido for 28 years, and taught it for much of that time. I am too young too have trained with founder (he died when I was 4 years old), but I have studied with several of his direct students, many of whom have now also sadly passed on. Without going into an over-long essay, I would say that Aiikido is not defensive when you are (a) very good, and (B) want to use it in a non-defensive way. I have seen some real incidents where this has been the case, and had a number of others recounted to me.

George

As for Aikido (which was Steven Seagal's main discipline), I've always found it to be a fascinating discipline, being so largely defense based.

In the late 80's, I was studying with H. Bryan Robbins, SMU tenured professor, 1984 olympic swim coach, black belt and instructor in Tae Kwon Do, and black belt and instructor in Aiki-jujutsu (a hybrid of Aikido and Jujutsu.) So, when he offered that at a discount to us Tae Kwon Do students, I took that as well. And it was totally a cool thing. Like Judo, you use the momentum of your opponent against him, with the inclusion of pressure points learned in Jujutsu. Quite invaluable when you can use an opponent's limb against himself.

Sorry to digress.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for those kind words.

They sell toy guns now only in bright orange so that a kid won't get into trouble and get shot by someone who thought it was real. So we painted it black and brown and hit the street. We stayed out of trouble ;)

My dad started Aikido in 1985 and lived in Japan studying at Honbu dojo for 7 years from 1989 to 1997 (he spent some time in Thailand, China and Korea). The best part about that is that he met my mom there and now I'm here. LOL

This is my third Morricone song.

I also did one for the movie "Once Upon a Time in the West" called "Jill's Theme".

Phenomenal singing, Elena. And I, too, am glad that your mother and father met and brought forth a love that shines on the world, bringing light. In you. As much as we may applaud you, we should also applaud your fine parents for conserving and nurturing such a talent as yours.

• Administrator

Elena,

I've been wondering why you haven't been uploading your newest videos to the "Social Media" section of TMV World ??? :rolleyes:

And I definitely join ronws in his comment >> " As much as we may applaud you, we should also applaud your fine parents for conserving and nurturing such a talent as yours."