Turn the page Practice

• TMV World Legacy Member

I haven't posted anything for awhile. I had a few minutes alone today and recorded this on my laptop using the internal mic. No effects just me and my guitar. I am aware of the wrong choice of vowel in a few dipthongs and I screwed up at the end. It just wouldn't right if I sang it perfect. :P:rolleyes:

Comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/turn-the-page-practice

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I haven't posted anything for awhile. I had a few minutes alone today and recorded this on my laptop using the internal mic. No effects just me and my guitar. I am aware of the wrong choice of vowel in a few dipthongs and I screwed up at the end. It just wouldn't right if I sang it perfect. :P:rolleyes:

Comments welcome.

And you may not get a lot of comments since you already know what needs fixing and who is going to comment if they don't get to point out what needs fixing? :)

So, yeah, watch the vowels. Some things will work for this song. When you sing the word "my", the ah shifted back and made it a little pinched. If you can, on other songs, keep it ah or roll forward, allow the dipthong, and end on ee. M-ah-ee. Again, the way you sang "my" works for this song.

Your pitch is good and you already know as much or more about vowels than I do.

Excellent match of voice and song. You should have this in your set list, if it is not, already. I liked the guitar arrangement, especially with the strong accent on the beat.

As for the little mistakes near the end, I wouldn't worry about it, this is live. And everyone makes mistakes, live. Everyone. From Eddie Van Halen to Rob Halford.

Maybe I should repost with the caption " I know somethings wrong but I can't figure it out".

I was hoping a made a little improvement but I haven't been able to sing anything for the past few months, At least not enough to count as training.

After listening back to this I was able to hear for myself some things that I do that are causing problems.

I did not have a chance for a second recording to try and fix the problems. My ear is improving even if my voice production is not.

Hi MDEW! First off, your last post I believe is very true - even if you don't find changes in your vocals, your ear is ALWAYS improving, and to me that's the biggest part of being a musician. Your timbre, pitch, rhythm are all very good, but the only thing I'd say is try using more air, project more. It's very hard to tell on a digital recording, but oftentimes you'll find that the more you project the clearer your notes and the sharper they become :) If someone else can backup what I said that'd be helpful, I'm not the most knowledgable person here about vocal mechanics or techniques

Thanks Youngbuck,

I have always had trouble with projecting. People have told me that I need to work on support. Trouble is More Support can mean either use more air OR hold back the air more. And in some cases both. Confusing isn't it?

So your suggestion of using more air is a step in the right direction.

Lately I have been having stomache issues that have me worried about too much activity in the abs. I am getting better. That's part of the reason I went ahead and recorded, just to see how much I can handle.