Fry screaming.

Rate this topic

GuitarRox

I think I've "FRIED" my throat(GET IT..Heh) in my failed attempts at fry screaming.

I really need help with this. I've seen too many videos on how to do a fry scream, I know how to make a "Grunge" noise. I know you have to push it out your diaphragm and not your throat, and that if it hurts your throat then that means I'm doing it wrong.

I really want to learn how, and it's killing me watching all these YouTube videos.

~I apologize in advice if this is in the wrong thread/post

Thank you!

Good to see another post from you Derek. Is the grit produced in a different way when in the throat and in the mask? Or is it really just the change of resonance?

I can do the grit in the throat and in the mask but the only thing that is changing is resonance. The vocal cord throat area still feels scratchy.

Also I cannot seem to get any High over tones. Any suggestions?

Good to see another post from you Derek. Is the grit produced in a different way when in the throat and in the mask? Or is it really just the change of resonance?

I can do the grit in the throat and in the mask but the only thing that is changing is resonance. The vocal cord throat area still feels scratchy.

Also I cannot seem to get any High over tones. Any suggestions?

The "fry scream" took a little playing with to get right...a lot of tickly throat, lol. My throat is pretty much open, with no squeezing. When I do it, I feel the resonance shift more to the mask. The way I figured out how to do this was mimicking Elmer Fudd, just adding more fry and eventually more volume...plus my old band always wanted to do Manson covers, so that helped :)

This in my opinion, is one of the easier "tricks" to do. Now screaming a chesty C5...still working on it...haha

This is a video of the kind of screaming that I'm trying to learn, Is this the fry screaming that the video teaches me to do? The video I sent is in Acapella so you can hear it without the music.

And thank you all for your responses, They have been helpful!

This is a video of the kind of screaming that I'm trying to learn, Is this the fry screaming that the video teaches me to do? The video I sent is in Acapella so you can hear it without the music.

And thank you all for your responses, They have been helpful!

That's fry screaming...with some processing on it

There's 2 parts to my video bty, the one I linked was part 2. And yes, this is the same type of screaming.