Felipe Carvalho - Dream a Little Dream of Me

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounds pretty good Felipe. You almost always hear a female singing this. It is a fun song. I used to feel odd singing this so I would have a female sing it with me.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I liked it, specially the fullvoice-falsetto in-and-out part.

The only thing I would have wanted differently is something like "Take it away Johnny!" when the solo comes in ;)

@Mdew thanks man. Yeah I think that Mama Cass kind of stole the song for her, although on the original recording it was a guy singing. Lots of people sang it, both boys and girls, but her version was magic and sort of defined the song. :)

@Mivke haha thanks. I though about a Hell YEEEAH! in there but... no :P.

I had to listen to this 4 times. You know me, king of the "good job." And the first few times, I thought it was pitchy in the first pass of the high part. But, I thought, let me listen a few more times.

Now I know what it is. The first pass of the high part, you were holding back, it seems, to be, trying to be soft. Second pass of the high part, you let it all out, go for broke. And that was stronger and I liked it. So, it was not pitchy, I just liked how you did the high part on the second pass more than how you did it on the earlier part. Which makes it a stylistic preference, for me. So, my suggestion, if you were to record this again or perform it is go for the first high part like you did the second high part.

I like the song, I liked your performance, a great match of song and voice and I really liked your interpretation of this. And let it stand as an example to others that just because it's a pop song, does not mean it is easy. There is no way to "phone it in" and have it come out this well.

Bravo, Felipe.

Tnx ronws, its a very valid point and I think you are quite right. Two other friends also called my attention regarding how I pronounce "kiss" and "night".

I will gather some more info on other spots of the language and study it again :). An accent is fine, murdering the language is not.

I kind of like your accent, though it is detectable. Your accent makes it 'romantic," I think. You probably have to fend the women off with a stick. Just not fair - great voice, pretty boy looks.

Try walking in my shoes -- on a good day, I look like a biker that cleaned up for a court appearance.

:rolleyes:

Well done sir! This song is much more difficult than it sounds and you did it justice. I agree with ronws on just about every point he made, especially about going after the first part like you did in the second.

As for your accent, it was more than "a little" noticable, but it worked well. Halfway through I was thinking "I bet this would sound good in spanish." Maybe do an english/spanish version, with the chorus in spanish?

Well done sir! This song is much more difficult than it sounds and you did it justice. I agree with ronws on just about every point he made, especially about going after the first part like you did in the second.

As for your accent, it was more than "a little" noticable, but it worked well. Halfway through I was thinking "I bet this would sound good in spanish." Maybe do an english/spanish version, with the chorus in spanish?

Actually, Felipe's first language is Portuguese.

sorry guy, but I seem less ignorant to write in my own language, so... xDDDDD

Olá! Já vi que fala português, gostei muito da sua versão, na primeira parte quis fazer a sua própria versão achei interessante, assim como acho qualquer improviso interessante e digno de registo :) o tom de voz mesmo que familiar para mim para os cantores portugueses que estou habituada a ouvir, gosto bastante, relaxante até.

espero poder ouvi-lo mais por estas bandas! :)

Ana