Please critique my original songs

• TMV World Legacy Member

Between the two, I liked "I'm on my Way" more. "Eternity" was okay near the end but you sounded a little flat in the beginning. I don't know if it's because of your whispering style of singing or because of vowel sounds. The second one had better vowel sounds, for you. At least for this soft, almost whisper, kind of singing.

As for the first song, think about singing it like you were a musical instrument, rather than reciting some words you wrote to a lover or loved one. Sub-text means a lot but the singing voice is a musical instrument, first.

• TMV World Legacy Member

I enjoyed your gentle delivery... it was not perfect, but an honest and pleasant experience. :)

For Eternity... got a couple things that you may or may not notice

Also, I can hear a yodel/hiccup frequently, such as at 2:05 ish on the word "that" in "love that's so true". It's not a bad thing if you do it for stylistic reasons, but if you are not trying for it specifically, you may want to work on trying to sing it both ways to gain the foundation and flexibility in your technique.

Are you choosing where you are breathing? I feel like a more aware approach to that part will bring more confidence and less intonation instability... I hear it around in places like 1:30 ish, "since..." and "grateful for all that you do", the "do" at 1:50 is slightly sharp and I hear many notes on that side of pitch instability. If you go through on your own and try to pay attention to if many of your notes in the same part of your voice are sharp or flat, you can probably bet on the fact that there's something funky happening in your technique (not anticipating a higher note or accidentally locking up support or something).

UPDATE! Please provide feedback for my NEWEST Kodaline High Hopes Practice Cover - http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=10062

My Soundcloud- http://soundcloud.com/bchen929 -
A continuous work in progress, always improving.