My cover of Journey's "Faithfully"

• TMV World Legacy Member

I recorded this using the VocaLive app on my iPad2, with IK Multimedia's iRig microphone adapter and a Samson R11 microphone. I used a backing track I found on iTunes from "MIDIfine Systems"

Please let me know what you think of my performance. Any constructive feedback you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

<---- click me!

Really good job. I guess you are just looking for applause. Well, you got it. Sometimes, nothing "needs to be fixed." And that's okay, too. And I liked your cover of "Cold as Ice." You should post that for the benefit of our admin, Bob (videohere.) Sometimes, I get the impression that he is a fan of Foreigner and maybe, even, a fan of the singing of Lou Gramm.

Really good job. I guess you are just looking for applause. Well, you got it. Sometimes, nothing "needs to be fixed." And that's okay, too. And I liked your cover of "Cold as Ice." You should post that for the benefit of our admin, Bob (videohere.) Sometimes, I get the impression that he is a fan of Foreigner and maybe, even, a fan of the singing of Lou Gramm.

I assure that I'm not fishing for applause, but I certainly appreciate your kind words. I suppose I need to more specific about what i want to learn and where I would like to improve. I'm not even sure where I'm going with this singing thing. I've always enjoyed it and maybe I can find a local band to hook up with, but at my age they're hard to find. And most bands out there now are younger and prefer screaming or rapping to singing.

I'll post up a couple more covers I've recorded to expose myself a little more to the rest of the board and then I'll refrain and only participate with questions and reviews of others until I can figure out what I'm doing and where I want to go with this.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this singing thing. I've always enjoyed it and maybe I can find a local band to hook up with, but at my age they're hard to find. And most bands out there now are younger and prefer screaming or rapping to singing.

Welcome to the club. I am a middle-aged electrician working as an operations manager for a company and there is not a huge need, these days, for a light tenor who can sing anything from Led Zeppelin.

And even in your case, with some really good Journey covers, young'ns today are listening to screamo, or Bieber, or Lady Gaga, or Lil Wayne.

Oh well, we each much find our audience, whoever that is, and sing to them.

Whatever your style of singing, be true to it. Your audience will find you...

If you sing it. They will come. :cool:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."