TMV Lou Gramm Section

Rate this topic

VideoHere

Not sure if anyone saw these.  Amazing vocals, love the tones.  Love how he always has that other set of notes.

Love the dirt in the verses to the balls up top.  You can see the intensity and concentration.  

• 3 weeks later...

I could have missed it but when I did a quick scan of the thread I didn't see any mention made of (had to look his name up) Kelly Hansen. The guy is an impeccable singer. I think Lou would be honored by his covering of the frontman job.  just Utoob his performances. I think his voice fits the songs like Lou's yet, Hansen still has his own sound.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:03 AM, VideoHere said:

Rosa (call me Bob) Lou Gramm is my biggest vocal influence.  Why do you think that is?

I'm curious why you said I can see why....

LOL! This almost feels like deja vu. I was at work a few years ago, and this trucker walks in. He needs his phone fixed up. So I started doing that while he's sitting at the desk in front of me, and he says, "You know who you look like?" I said, "Who?" He said "You look like Eric Benet with nicer hair" I froze and my mouth was open for almost 10 seconds. He said he went to a few of his concerts.

That guy was either psychic or I really do look a bit like him. I don't know which one is more likely.

Thinking you've got some kind of connection to your biggest influence is really spooky stuff.

12 hours ago, Kevin Ashe said:

I could have missed it but when I did a quick scan of the thread I didn't see any mention made of (had to look his name up) Kelly Hansen. The guy is an impeccable singer. I think Lou would be honored by his covering of the frontman job.  just Utoob his performances. I think his voice fits the songs like Lou's yet, Hansen still has his own sound.

Years later, I feel like I could front a Foreigner cover band, but no one seems to want to make one here. But like Kelly, I drop a bunch down a half making them so much more comfortable.  Now I'm working on some Kansas stuff, and like the Foreigner,  the challenge is so there....LOVE this tune...Hey, I keep tryin'  .............   

5 hours ago, VideoHere said:

Years later, I feel like I could front a Foreigner cover band, but no one seems to want to make one here. But like Kelly, I drop a bunch down a half making them so much more comfortable.  Now I'm working on some Kansas stuff, and like the Foreigner,  the challenge is so there....LOVE this tune...Hey, I keep tryin'

I did not know that about Kelly. Well, he is good, but that's "cheating."  

You'd do well with Foreigner songs Bob. Looking forward to your cover of "What's On My Mind."

Leftoverture, a HUge influence on me.

I was a drummer in a band when I was around 17, we were looking for a lead singer, I answered an ad for a lead singer seeking band. He (the lead singer from the ad) met the band along with his Brother (guitarist). Got our (the band's) minds blown by his voice, drumming and keyboard skills, He and his Brother pulled out pics of their studio and offered to produce a demo for us. Turns out the singer was John Elefante and his Brother Dino. This was around '80. John is an amazing vocalist to this day!

When John signed with Kansas, I spoke with his Brother Dino to find out about his vocal coach. that led to my first vocal lessons with John's coach http://www.boettnervocalstudios.com/  

So, along with musical influence, also inspired my first attempts at training vocals. Boettner is a really great coach and person.