Halford-ressurection cover

Rate this topic

I recorded this last night. Recorded half the song in 1 take other half in 1 take. My band does a cover of this live so I wanted to see how I sound doing it on the spot. I know I dont sound like halford. When I do covers I do them in my own voice. Just wondering what you guys opinions and critque are on my ressurection cover as in being on key and hitting the notes. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It is very good, Rhmetalvoxx you have come far. What i think you need is to add a witches cackle/pharyngeal voice sound in your clip. Halford also bridges very late to get his sound i think, he brings up chest very far and around B4/C5 he adds the pharyngeal mode to his voice i think. By the way, in the beginning it is easier as in the video to experiment with the cackle voice in a falsetto mode (a breathy head tone) but note that Rob Halford doesn´t have a breathy head tone, he´s got a strong mix behind the "witches cackle" if that makes any sense. So if you doesn´t have a strong mix of head and chest you better develop that first. Try to experiment with this, i don´t know if this makes any sense. Or, you could watch this guy´s video, maybe that will help:

PS: I am not a proffessional singer!

Olem. Thanks for taking time to listen and critique. I had forgot to mention this was my first time ever attempting to sing with grit. Im used to singing stuff like queensryche helloween. Clear vocals. Thanks for that video clip. Now atleast I know a method to help practice grit. Maybe practicing some wasp songs to will be helpful for me lol. and ya I understand what u meant by halford not being breathy with grit. His is more full and awesome. Thanks.