Dream a little dream

• TMV World Legacy Member

For those of you who still wonder if you should sing like you speak. This is what happens if you do.

Comments welcome. Good or Bad. :cool:

Recorded with laptop internal mic. Also shows why you should get some cool recording program.

https://soundcloud.com/user898702554/dream-a-little-dream-practice

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I was going to add the tag "Folk Style" to the post title but I figured no one would listen if I did. :P

Thanks for listening Geno.

Thing is, you sounded good and relatively accent-free. One or two instances of "sycamore," you dropped pitch at the end of the word. That was as close to "speech" phonation as I could hear, though I am certainly not an expert.

And I think you should get some extra applause for singing while simultaneously playing the guitar. And that is a complicated prgresssion to keep up up. Including the harmony notes against the rest of the chord structure.

If you are trying to fail, you are going to have to try harder.

:D

Thing is, you sounded good and relatively accent-free. One or two instances of "sycamore," you dropped pitch at the end of the word. That was as close to "speech" phonation as I could hear, though I am certainly not an expert.

And I think you should get some extra applause for singing while simultaneously playing the guitar. And that is a complicated prgresssion to keep up up. Including the harmony notes against the rest of the chord structure.

If you are trying to fail, you are going to have to try harder.

:D

Not exactly trying to fail... I ended up rerecording this about 10 times from interuptions. I guess I got a little practice in before final recording. Maybe some of the things you guys keep drilling is finally starting to filter into my brain. :cool: Thanks :)