Begginer wants some critiques!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, I decided to get serious on my singing so I thought it would be really helpful to hear some critiques on my actual singing to get some guidance.

I've never taken any clases but I always sing while I play guitar, just for fun..

https://soundcloud.com/dipolus/cafe-la-humedad

There are mistakes I can recognize (some really noticiable) but I want a deeper insight of some trained ears..

hi. you got better on the high notes, like chorus, midle and low notes need work and need to train your ears to catch the right notes. record your voice as much your patience gets. and focus on your deep voice. :) you'll get there. :)

Thank you for your reply! Now that I've heard it again after a while I hate it even more than when I recorded It..

I see that there are a lot of pitch problems... The thing is that when I sing over the original song I can kind of sing in tune... The problem is when I haven't got a melody reference..

I'm doing some exercises singing scales in time while I play them on the guitar... Then I try to repeat it but only playing the dominant chord of the scale... I repeat that in different places on the fretboard so I can practice from low to hight notes..

Is that a useful exercise or I should try other things?..

I've been practicing the last days and I recorded another song... since last song was in Spanish and didn't have much feedback, this time I tried with an english song...

What do you think? Anything is welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Im not an expert, but from what i heard i guess i will agree to singingnewbie. You sounds too much nasal, maybe. I dont know because im not expert. Well having too much nasal sound in singing is not a big deal actually, even myself is working on reducing my nasal sound in my singing. Im a beginner too like you, but the people here are very helpful. Just post more cover, soon you will get their critiques and tips from them. Other than that, i think i like your voice tone. Reminds me of something like artic monkey's vocalist. :)