Falsetto?

Rate this topic

D.Starr

Dstarr whatever you want to call "the other gear" we all know the feeling when we crack, yodel,sing like prince, etc call it falsetto,pure headvoice whatever,it is a choice. Then when you sing the same notes in the chest or m1 or full voice or the supercalifiricoisipskiolodoshois mode, then that's that thing. Understand? It's like you have black then white and then shades of grey.. Cool

Even if we ourselves do not give the sound or "sound Color" a name someone else will. Even the ones who have said not to put much value in naming Headvoice or Falsetto, in the critique section have asked the question of why the use of Falsetto over headvoice in a particular phrase or pointed out the fact of its use.

Asking whether a sound is "Falsetto" or "Headvoice" is not usually about liking or disliking the sound but wondering if it will lead to a stronger foundation technique wise. Will it help me achieve this one voice concept that everyone keeps talking about.

D.Starr, The high notes in your example did not sound like a "False voice" but an extension of your natural voice.

Whether it was actually a Falsetto or a Soft Headvoice it did not sound "Girly" or "Made UP" or un natural in any way.

It did not sound as loud as your lower voice but it did not sound to me as if it had a different timbre or sound quality to it.

Thanks guys. That is a better way of looking at the voice rather than off and on.

I just wondered if it sounded more like falsetto becausr it sounds weak and prone to cracks. I guess that is where I would go over this area continuosly and slowly add more chest to create a fuller tone. Same with later on with the part I messed up on.