"One" and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey, folks, wanted to share these Metallica covers with you. Fooling around a little with "Enter Sandman" :). Constructive critique is always welcome. Thanx in advance.

Off-pitch? I say (*auto edit*) off pitch, :) Just, kidding, thanx for listening Igor and i hope the new record is selling well, you deserve it.

Enter Sandman - really good. I didn't hear pitchiness, more of low onset, which is fine if that is what you were artistically intending. Some Bruce Dickinson phrasing at the end. I half-expected you to sing "Scream for me, Sao Paulo!" :D

One - Your timbre and line sounded a bit punk, to me. Which was an interesting juxtaposition to what is, in my mind, a ballad. The softest Metallica could ever go and also what brought them into the mainstream and then everyone's abuela had heard of them, which is also okay. Purists can go cry in their cheerios. It's okay to do a song many people identify with and can sing to. Plus, the range of this song allows one to use different genre influences, such as punk, for example. It was cool and what is important is that you expressed what the song made you feel.

Thanx for listening, Ron! Yeah, "One" is a bit rough and maybe it should be a bit softer before the climax in the end but as you sad Ron this is the feeling i get from this song - aggression and bitterness.

Some creative vocal riffs in Enter Sandman - I liked it. Good tone and you certainly have a good feel for the song. It seems that at times you are carrying too much weight and that may be affecting the pitch in certain spots - but those spots are few.

I really enjoyed Sandman :)

It brought back memories of playing this in a band, as a guitarist. I love the song.

You were a little pitchy in places.

Aso the recording was a a bit trebly, and the reverb you used isn't very convincing. That's all just recording technique not singing.

One, was also good. Same comments about pitchiness, and recording technique.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Hi, George, thanx for listening. Yeah, you are right, my recording technique is not very good, i am a layman at this and so far haven´t found satisfying results but it is also a matter of bad source, with a bad source it doesn´t matter how good you are at recording technique. Cool that your band played this song, it must have been a huge adrenalin kick to play this song live.