A question from non-singer.

Rate this topic

ndimension

Hi everyone :)

First of all I'm not a singer, nor do I want to be one :)

Rather - I was wandering if you know any techniques/exercises to develop deeper, fuller voice.

1) As far as I (currently) understand it the depth of the voice is set and there can be little done to deepen it. Is this true?

2) I can roughly distinguish between speaking from the throat and from chest. I can speak for a few minutes with "deeper voice" by inhaling deep and feeling the vibration of my voice in the chest. There are two problems however - first - I can only sustain this for a few minutes then, for for whatever reason it's gone. Second problem - if I keep inhaling deep "into my stomach" and try to expand my chest - I start hyperventilating since my body gets more oxygen than it needs.

Any advice or exercises?

A full, resonant and and powerful voice can still be relatively high. Carrying power is what denotes authority not pitch.

We should ask what purpose it would serve to better help with what you are looking for.

I believe it's important to realize if you want a more fuller/darker sound or a lower pitched sound, because those two requires different approaches.

Both ideally. Well, maybe besides darker since I don't plan on doing death metal gigs :P

A full, resonant and and powerful voice can still be relatively high. Carrying power is what denotes authority not pitch.

Double bingo :D

A full, resonant and and powerful voice

Bingo no. 1 - how do I get that kind of voice. What kind of exercises should I do?

Carrying power is what denotes authority not pitch.

Any exercises on pitch?

We should ask what purpose it would serve to better help with what you are looking for.

The targets are: general improvements for the moment, improved impact on employees (next 3-4 months) and public speaking (2-4 hours per day, 5 days a week - after june 2014).

Speak like you are yawning, for practice. The idea is to keep a stable larynx.

Practice dialog from the robot character "Ed 2000" from the movie, "Robocop." "You have twenty seconds to comply....."

"I'd buy that for a dollar!!"