Against the Wind - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band

• TMV World Legacy Member

Cool Ronws. I thought about singing that one but I could not remember the chords and the words both at the same time and in the correct order. :P So kudos for that. After about the 10th false start I gave up. :lol:

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Very cool. There are quite a few Seger songs that are deceptively difficult to cover, but you sounded like you had control here.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Thanks, guys.

And Adolph, I kind of had you in mind when doing this song.

Validar, you are right. These songs are deceptive. This and the one that MDEW is doing are on the flirty edges of the passagio with higher parts smack dab in them..

And if you guys are talking about the really low notes that are almost inaudible near the end, that was ad lib, as well as the imperfect cadence (an actual musical term for NOT ending on the tonic), that I did do on purpose because I wanted the feeling that things continue from there.

We are all still running against the wind.

And Patrick, yes, you are right. Because, as I feel now, it is about the song, regardless of whatever technical stunts or feats. I could easily put in some Justin Hawkins-esque supersonics but that would deter from the song.

Very enjoyable, Ron, i would like to hear you do a Neil Young song one day.

You and MDEW have mentioned that. I would probably do "Hey, Hey, My, My." The song is so easy even I can play it.

:D

You should try Marshall Tucker Band "Can't You See"... shouldn't be that hard to play on the guitar.

I like thatone, too. And every weekend, Ray Benson from Asleep at the Wheel hosts a show about music in Texas (he is from here.) And they have some good ones on there, like "Bump Bounce Boogie."

• Administrator

Thanks, guys.

And Adolph, I kind of had you in mind when doing this song.

Validar, you are right. These songs are deceptive. This and the one that MDEW is doing are on the flirty edges of the passagio with higher parts smack dab in them..

And if you guys are talking about the really low notes that are almost inaudible near the end, that was ad lib, as well as the imperfect cadence (an actual musical term for NOT ending on the tonic), that I did do on purpose because I wanted the feeling that things continue from there.

We are all still running against the wind.

And Patrick, yes, you are right. Because, as I feel now, it is about the song, regardless of whatever technical stunts or feats. I could easily put in some Justin Hawkins-esque supersonics but that would deter from the song.

Thank You, Ron. I definitely take that as a compliment :cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"