Singing CRITIQUE needed for very shy female !

• TMV World Legacy Member

@Snejk: As far as I know, ‘wailing’ refers to the strong powerful sound of a singer, but has nothing to do with embellishments, or in this context ad-libs. A wail literally is expressing a strong emotion (cry, pain). Relating that to singing, it’s where the singer goes nuts, and oftentimes in talent shows like The X-Factor, there is a majority of R&B singers who do that, who indeed do a lot of ad-libbing, too—the reason one could think ad-libs and wailing are interchangeable.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

@Snejk: As far as I know, ‘wailing’ refers to the strong powerful sound of a singer, but has nothing to do with embellishments, or in this context ad-libs. A wail literally is expressing a strong emotion (cry, pain). Relating that to singing, it’s where the singer goes nuts, and oftentimes in talent shows like The X-Factor, there is a majority of R&B singers who do that, who indeed do a lot of ad-libbing, too—the reason one could think ad-libs and wailing are interchangeable.

Yeah, it means something different entirely here in Sweden apparently. Not sure why :o

Very soulful vocals. My advice is sing often and study proper forms & use that diaphragm. With a bluesy voice emotional connection to what you are singing can matter more than form but good form will never hurt you.

Thanks for sharing your awesome voice.