Queensryche's "Jet City Woman", part duex!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Yeah, I know I'm not posting this on the "official" Queensryche thread but I'm hoping to get some more ears on this one and some comments/critiques. I re-recorded this with a much cleaner track that was sent to me by Manolito (Many thanks!). I listened to previous comments and tried to address them in this recording. hopefully I start off stronger in this version (I think I do) so please, listen and comment :-)

BTW, would anyone have a clean copy of a backing track for Alice In Chain's "Rooster"? I'd like to do that one next and I can't find too many out there...

I still find it fascinating that you've taken on such a wide range of genres with your covers, and not once have I felt you've made any dramatic stylistic changes to fit the song. Your voice simply works for everything. I feel that kind of "universal voice" is what everyone should strive for, instead of the exhausting task of essentially trying to be a "character singer", if that makes any sense.

Very good job here.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Fantastic work. I do feel the backing track is layered quite oddly, though—as if they come out of radio speakers. There’s too much reverb.

Other than that, I can’t think of anything that would really need work. Your pitch control is indeed very good.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep.

Validar, thank you for your kind words. I've always listened to a wide range of music so I suppose it's been ingrained in me over the years. Having no technical vocal background I can't say how I do it. It just comes out. I'm trying to understand it more and the community here has been very helpful in that regard. I always seem to gravitate towards unique, raspy voices amd those seem the farthest out of reach for me. I'm going to try to cover either Alice In Chains cover or Pearl Jam in my next cover to try my hand at that type of voice.

Ron, thank you my friend. I always enjoy your music (and your posts). :-)

Jaka, thank you. I posted on your thread as well :-)

Jug, thanks man. I'm venturing into a style I've always enjoyed, but never performed. Listening to your stuff makes your comment more meaningful. Your stuff rocks!

Manolito, thanks so much for the backing track. Yes, you're right that there is too much reverb. The app I'm using was picking up the main track on my vocal tracksso it ends up sounding like reverb. I was prettty bummed, but I think I've figured it out. I think my mkc gain is up too high. It's something I'll work on with the next track. And thank you for your kind words.

:-)

I

I