Gethsemane - Conception. Would appretiate some input.

Rate this topic

Here was my first attempt at this awesome song. It's not the full song, though, I just wanted to try some editing and stuff as I am totally new to that, haha.

https://soundcloud.com/sebabergmann/conception-gethsemane

I know what I want and need to work on, and what sounds bad in here :( hehe But I want to hear your opinion in the matter guys.

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry, but the lyrics and the melody are wrong. It starts with ‘I only want to say. . .’

Just kidding. :P (I read it as a concept of Gethsemane, hehe)

I hear some creaking. I think you're holding back a bit. You’re curbing a lot. But it’s not an easy piece. I’ll try to sing it to so I can see the obstacles of the song.

Good luck.

Thanks Manolito :)

I laughed a lot with your Jesuschrist joke, lol. I'd like to sing that, but I don't have the range yet, haha

What do you mean by creaking? I understand also the CVT terms... but I don't know WHEN I a curbing on this song, could you point a specific sec, please? I'd really want to know.

What I feel is that in my comfortable parts I can hold a constant compression and it sounds good to me, sounds consistent. When notes go higher, on my mix, I am not used to it yet, so it was hard as hell to reconfigurate the mechanisms fast. I CAN do it.. as you can hear in the end, with those overlapping voices, but I only could do that because I recorded it separately, hehe.

Thanks again for the input, mate. :)

The weirdest thing - I listened to a few other submissions from others using soundcloud and those played. I have tried yours 5 times and it still won't play.

Maybe you could email me the mp3 or whatever you exported to.

The weirdest thing - I listened to a few other submissions from others using soundcloud and those played. I have tried yours 5 times and it still won't play.

Maybe you could email me the mp3 or whatever you exported to.

Oh, that's really weird, ronws... Well, I'll email you the file :)

Thanks for the interest, mate.

Thanks for the email, Baz. I finally got to hear it. I knew there was another song titled "Gethsemane" but I, like Manny, was expecting the song from JC, Superstar. And to be more accurate, the song in that musical starts with the lyrics.

"Will none of you stay awake with me?

Peter, John, James.

Will none of you wait with me?

Peter, John, James.

I only want to say ...."

Anyway, so, I have not really listened to the original of this other "Gethsemane" by Conception, that you are singing. But I don't really need to, either.

You have a lovely voice and even as a capella, it is moving. I liked it.

Thanks for the email, Baz. I finally got to hear it. I knew there was another song titled "Gethsemane" but I, like Manny, was expecting the song from JC, Superstar. And to be more accurate, the song in that musical starts with the lyrics.

"Will none of you stay awake with me?

Peter, John, James.

Will none of you wait with me?

Peter, John, James.

I only want to say ...."

Anyway, so, I have not really listened to the original of this other "Gethsemane" by Conception, that you are singing. But I don't really need to, either.

You have a lovely voice and even as a capella, it is moving. I liked it.

Oh, thank you very much, Ron :) You always support us who work hard to improve hehe

I like that in the forum it's not like my mom telling me "high notes are not your thing", which I hate... it's just practice and training, and you all know that. That way you guys get past a lot of things in our singing and just think that in time we'll make it. That is good. Very good. Conditioning someone is bad, not helpful at all :(

Well, I know what sounds bad and what lacked support :/ I know also what to fix and HOW, but it takes time. My headvoice is still not consistent at all and I really have to concentrate, haha

As I told Manny, what I recorded separately ( the end ) was not hard, but DURING the song it was tough, and doesn't sound good ( although on the chorus for the second time the higher parts were more supported and it sounded a lot better than the first time )

Well, not being familiar enough with the song, I don't know if the higher notes are meant to be soft. Your high notes in this are soft, which is not a bad thing and I assumed it was a style thing. However, to repeat others' advice, you can make that note or those notes whatever you want. That's why I didn't bring it up, as a technical issue, because it is not. Unless you wanted a louder or more focused tone then yes, changing alignment to a brighter tone would bring a ton more volume, if that is what you desired.

However, per my own technical specs, you had good pitch and what seemed to be relevant volume for what you were doing.

As for the other "Gethsemane," you can do that, too. What I have found about singing is that you are not adding to range. The process of discovery is to reveal and/or unleash the range that you already have but was impeded, mostly by changes in alignment or tuning of your vocal tract.

Well, not being familiar enough with the song, I don't know if the higher notes are meant to be soft. Your high notes in this are soft, which is not a bad thing and I assumed it was a style thing. However, to repeat others' advice, you can make that note or those notes whatever you want. That's why I didn't bring it up, as a technical issue, because it is not. Unless you wanted a louder or more focused tone then yes, changing alignment to a brighter tone would bring a ton more volume, if that is what you desired.

However, per my own technical specs, you had good pitch and what seemed to be relevant volume for what you were doing.

As for the other "Gethsemane," you can do that, too. What I have found about singing is that you are not adding to range. The process of discovery is to reveal and/or unleash the range that you already have but was impeded, mostly by changes in alignment or tuning of your vocal tract.

Well, I still feel very influenced by the original singer of the song... it is a thing very hard for me to disconnect haha

You can listen here https://soundcloud.com/sebabergmann/asylum-city-with-echo-no a different approach on the high notes, but thats just because of the brighter sound, as you mentioned, that I wanted.

It is hard for me to apply that on a song where the singer is a bit darker and has a thicker voice.. I tend to imitate too much hehe

I will work on that and just try to mix both approaches the next time I try Gethsemane by Conception ( Haha )

Ron, where can I listen some of your stuff? It's hard to find it on the search function here.