Honest try....please help

• Review My Singing Membership

Ok....after several posts and asking for critiques. I have recieved a lot of good advice. One thing that you good folks have suggested is to get out of my comfort zone, move the capo up and try to sing rather than speak. I have tried to do that now. Is there any difference? Thanks

• TMV World Legacy Member

Now, when you sang this did you feel that you had to use a little more effort to get the notes out? That effort is good. You need to move and control the sound. Take that same song and now sing it like there is someone in the back room and you want them to hear it so they can give advice on how you are singing.

It may sound as if someone is singing with no effort but the truth is that there is more going on than you realise. It is more like controlled yelling. You hear a lot about support. Part of support is using a greater air pressure but holding the actual air back. Kind of like yelling at your child but being quiet about it at the same time.

Also if you noticed on this song you hear the places that you were off pitch a little better.

I noticed that you yourself could tell you were off pitch so you got quieter to cover it up. When you notice that something sounds wrong, Go over that part a few times to help teach yourself how to control the note.

You did sound much better this time.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• Review My Singing Membership

ok....thanks. I tied this in the key of F which was really different than what I was used to doing. It was uncomfortable. I did think there were a couple of places that I actually felt like I was singing. I have since moved the capo back down a couple of frets. It seemed to sound better than when I first started this crazy idea. Thanks for the critique!

• TMV World Legacy Member

The singing thing is not a crazy idea. :) I think you have made some major improvements. The tone and pitch are easier to control when you give the voice enough pressure. The "Calling" idea helps give your voice that pressure. It's like giving your voice the gas it needs to control the sound.

I would keep playing and singing that song in the key of F. Your pitch controlwas much better this time. Your voice is still nowhere close to its upper limit if you stick with it. Even singing this in the key of F you are still in your Speaking range.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."