Feeling blood pressure on my forehead

Rate this topic

Singingnewbie

If it's not painful it's probably okay, especially since it's an upper face thing. I'm pretty sure the further away any kind of discomfort is from the larynx the less harmful it is to your voice.

It's not normal for everyone but maybe it is for you or maybe it's just a distant tension that will go away with time as your technique gets more efficient. Don't worry about it too much unless it becomes painful.

Hahaha! Didnt expect such answers :lol:! I thought i was overdoing it or something like that but as i understand its variation of body function, some get headaches some just go red and feel somewhat annoyed and other might feel nothing. That was good to hear, now i think i might not support properly (?) Because it happens faster when i am sitting down, while playing guitar or driving so i lose part of my diaphragm support.

• 4 months later...

if i sing a really intense song i may get a headache.

joe lynn turner used to say that too.

I saw that in his interview, as well. One of the contents of his gig bag was aspirin or an aspirin alternative.

I also think that sometimes it's a matter of becoming used to the feeling. But it does exist. Dr. Fillebrown most interesting the areas of the maxiallary sinus cavities.

It's common to have unnecessary tension in your forehead, temple, scalp, and neck muscles, and this can feel like pressure, and can also give you a headache. Practice in front of a mirror to see what your face is doing, and try to isolate and reduce it. I know I tend to furrow my brow quite a bit when I sing, and the mirror is helping.

I have no more that sense or at least it doesn't bother me/im used to it. I remember i had also back neck sore muscles and one thing wrong, i was leaning my head forward and pushing some way. Also i was pushing too much, bad breath control, most possibly what Phil said, poor support. I read "The Voice Book" by Kate DeVore, very helpful in bringing consciousness of what i am doing and what i should do. Highly recommended!

Jim that mirror thing is very useful, though i rarely do it, the times i do is followed by a facepalm. I do things if others told me i would say they are toying with me, head swinging, eyebrows here and there, uneven open lips etc... i try to eliminate as much useless movements as possible.

I will also get a headache if I try too hard or try to bring too much power up high

-but this is coming from someone with a low voice who spends all day trying to imitate tenors

it's also very possible you have a sinus condition or sinus pressure because let's say you were sick recently.

sometimes a sinus condition comes without pain till you do something (like sing powerfully) to break up the congestion.

that happened to me recently following my recouping from the flu. just coughing was pretty painful.