Seen All Techniques Applied In One Moment

Rate this topic

Was attempting to wake my sister for work... and just imagine an annoyed woman waking up saying "WHUUUUUUUUT" ... I heard the vowel very clear... it was an upward wUH siren STRAIGHT through passaggio but it did not sound as "dark" as normal uh.. very whiny... so much carrying power.

PS... the UH vowel never worked for me until I HEARD my sister make that sound from her speaking voice straight through passaggio... then I tried saying "WHUUUUUT" myself... but literally just whining as if someone just woke you up and you are extremely annoyed.

In my head... I was like "Damn.. I train for this and she just nailed all my passaggio notes and above -.- "but imitating that crying sound quality literally UNIFIED my voice for a minute ;)

Can someone explain this? My "uhhh" also it seemed perfectly split between mouth/nose resonance and NOT in my chest (just slightly).

- Jay

Was attempting to wake my sister for work... and just imagine an annoyed woman waking up saying "WHUUUUUUUUT" ... I heard the vowel very clear... it was an upward wUH siren STRAIGHT through passaggio but it did not sound as "dark" as normal uh.. very whiny... so much carrying power.

PS... the UH vowel never worked for me until I HEARD my sister make that sound from her speaking voice straight through passaggio... then I tried saying "WHUUUUUT" myself... but literally just whining as if someone just woke you up and you are extremely annoyed.

In my head... I was like "Damn.. I train for this and she just nailed all my passaggio notes and above -.- "but imitating that crying sound quality literally UNIFIED my voice for a minute ;)

Can someone explain this? My "uhhh" also it seemed perfectly split between mouth/nose resonance and NOT in my chest (just slightly).

- Jay

JayMC: What soulsister said, and

3) Great, neutral-like vowel.

4) Sponteneity - expressive release.