Wat? No high notes?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here's my newest original. This one is different from much of the other stuff I've posted; I sing pretty much mid range throughout, focusing a bit more on melody and delivery. Basically the only high notes are the harmonies so might not be of much interest to these boards :P

https://soundcloud.com/moronrock/warrior

Haha GOD no! Like I've said before, I can't even mix a gin and tonic :P The mixing was done by the girl who made the instrumental :D I also like the mix as my voice sounds so crisp! Here I've been thinking all along that in order to make my voice sound good I need tons of reverb and delay xD

And the continued efforts of your Amiga. She seems to have the right ear for editing. It is a different skill set than is singing, as I have learned through both study and harsh experience in my own fumbling attempts. You really have to step into a different "job." Sometimes, I think, we singers often mix too voice-heavy in a recording. Whereas "balance" is a word but it doesn't mean all tracks at the same volume or even the same editing values of eq and whatever else.

My brother had a really good point. Loud notes often need different compressor and eq values and even different reverb or delay values than lower volume parts. So, he will usually record the vocally loud parts as a separate track and massage those, then time it with everything else. Then, again, he is a pro.