Passenger - Let Her Go (Rock Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Id like it with a lighter style, not softer, or maybe one/two semitones higher. Your voice sounds a bit flat/uncolored on some parts. Also parts of pronounciation could improve.

Generally very nice, and good thought to make it a rock cover.

First the good...

Your playing was very good. The only issue I heard was that you seemed to lose time a bit. Sometimes it would slow and other times it would pick up. I'm not talking about the arrangment, but your actual time keeping.

Now for the bad...

While you have a good tone to your voice, it was very flat all througout the song. And it also lacked a "feel".

I liked the arrangment. Keep working on your vocals and timing. You have a good start.

Thanks guys. There were a few intentional tempo changes. Also I was surprised this song is a little low, but since I have a lower voice I figured that'd be great! There are points where my voice sounds uncolored and could be better, but generally I think it worked out.

Are you guys sure my singing is flat? I try to have good pitch, so this is news to me. Maybe it's just the low timbre of my voice in comparison to Passenger's high timbre giving you the impression of me singing 'flat'.

And Ron, I know you'd like to my cloning process, but that's top secret. I can't have clones running around willy-nilly. Maybe one day I'll give you a clone for your birthday though.

I could not hear the pitchiness others described or the lack of warmth and life described. You sounded fine to me but I have been listening to you for some time, now. I thought I was master of the accidental tempo shift. I must surrender my golden sash to you, then. :D

The tempo changes at first are somewhat strange but i think they added to the song, they do seem to be unintentional though. The 2/3rd time i heard it i understood the willingness.

By flat we dont mean (i suppose berniemcpeak has the same opinion)

Sharp ---> #

Flat ---> b

Its just a plain uncolored note. Your pitch was fine but you voice color/tone was flat.