Felipe Carvalho - Hole Hearted (Extreme Cover)

Rate this topic

Overall pretty awesome cover! There are just a couple off notes in the chorus. The last chorus was dead on, the first one has a flat note in it. I don't recall the word though. If you listen close, I am confident you'll hear it. I think the word is "with ".. other than that, sounded pretty brilliant!

I love the tone of your voice in this. Very powerful and expressive. On a lesser note you are pronouncing Rivers as REEvers. Should be closer to R-ih-vers. Same thing with "Fill" vowel should be closer to Ih than EE.

I would not mention it but in the past you stated that you wanted to be closer to the english pronunciation.

I like it as is and would rather your native tongue be present anyway.

Awesome production. :)

Loved that scream at the beginning.

Kicked a**!

Yes, you were a bit flat through the first half but your energy and overall performance rocked! This is one of my favorite Extreme songs and you did it justice.

I was going to post my own cover of this a while back but I couldn't find a decent backing track. The instrumentation was excellent. Was that a backing track or was it you as well?

@Adolph thanks man! Really? Extreme is awesome!

@ keith got it! Thanks man!

@mdew yep, its really important :) I will definitively give it another shot and see if I get it right. We dont have a closed ih!

@bernie ahaha thanks man! I will send you the BT tomorrow, no problems.

Thank you so much Felipe! I don't think I can do it justice like you did, but I'd love to give it a try :-) My email is berniemcpeak@gmail.com

Great job on this one. Great use of distortion / grit - very tasty. Powerful vocal performance. I like the vocal processing on this one - nice reverb and the right amount. What kind of reverb are you using? Convolution?

That's interesting - I use an impulse called Bright Plate too for all my faster rock songs. I can't remember where I got it. It may be the same one you're using. I like it's transparent sound and it doesn't color the voice.

Poor Gary Cherone, he is never going to live down how well Extreme can do ballads. And how lovely his voice is on ballads such as this and "More than Words Can Say."

I don't have anything to add to the technical critique of others. As for pronunciation, your accent doesn't bother me. Then again, when I sing, I sound european, on american songs. So, who cares? If the audience likes it, so be it.

geno I think plate is a very common choice on lead vocals on the more pop/rock material since it leaves the sound "upfront". If you use a hall or room simulation you risk sounding as if you are too far away from everything. The bright is probably just the eq setting used on the original unit.

ronws Thanks man! I will keep it in mind about the accent, trying to modify it can do more harm than good. :)