Please give opinion on my work.

• TMV World Legacy Member

I recorded this with a Zoom H2 in the middle of our practice room. We have no lead singer so I am taking on the role until we can find someone. I have been trying to be a singer for about 5 months now. I am starting to feel like I will be able to do some more gigs, but I wanna hear what you guys think!

Thanks in advance!

http://www.box.net/shared/im20bq0ar3

Sounds like you are trying too hard. Sounds good but you need to not sound like you are trying so hard. Just relax and it might sound better. Thats what I get from it.

Keith, I think you sounded smooth. Your voice actually reminded me of blues great Robert Cray. And I can say that because I saw him perform about a month or so ago (friends paid for the tickets.)

hey keith! sounds pretty good to me! from your profile pic I assume you are the drummer as well? I feel that you can go ahead and do one or two gigs and see the reaction! I don't hear any pitch issues or any thing that comes across as 'bad'. Really, just go ahead and do those gigs :)

also, your guitarist is really tasteful! and you guys got quite a nice sound even recording with that simple rec technology and less than perfect environment! :)

Ashique M. Fahim
Instrumental Rock Guitarist
www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
http://www.youtube.com/user/kalapoka666
www.myspace.com/amfahim
www.facebook.com/iamfahim

Ashique, thanks man for all the kind words. Yes I am playing the drums too and I have already bumped my songs up so I am ready to do more. Being a drummer I am glad to hear you don't hear any pitch problems on this recording, but I assure you my band mates hear the worst pitch issues from me. Yeah I am lucky to work with some pretty good people that actually let me sing. My stamina is the real issue! My first post on the site was about a blown voice. I am getting better stamina my first song in practice is the best...

Keith

Hi Keith,

I like your voice, its really warm, I can hear it covering from pop to jazz easily and it definitely suits your style of music.

Stamina issues can be tackled by applying simple exercising rules but maybe taking on the lead singer's role alone is worth giving a shot.

Best,

akarawd

Yeah akarawd, I love playing the drums, but the singer is like the guitar player, it's the glory out front. Now that I am trying to sing I really love it. I was hiding behind the drums cuz it was comfortable but now I wanna sing lead! Perhaps another year I will be barking it out for four sets. That's the dream! The shot is on!! I just quit the band where I am primarily the drummer so I can focus on the band that lets me sing! Yes I still play drums and sing, my drums get a little mushy when I sing but I am working on that too!