new book out

Rate this topic

VideoHere

I am reminded of a time here when I was suggesting someone could publish and release on their own. If average take was 50 cents a song, a million hits or downloads could rack up some change. And the question was asked of me, "how do you get a million hits?"

In my typical smart-aleck mode, I answered, "Simple, write a song that a million people want to hear."

I remember some wise guy said the best way at getting better at singing songs was to sing songs. And that a simple and easy warm, correctly done, will work for practice or game-day, whichever is the case. I wonder what happened to him? :)

I am reminded of a time here when I was suggesting someone could publish and release on their own. If average take was 50 cents a song, a million hits or downloads could rack up some change. And the question was asked of me, "how do you get a million hits?"

In my typical smart-aleck mode, I answered, "Simple, write a song that a million people want to hear."

I remember some wise guy said the best way at getting better at singing songs was to sing songs. And that a simple and easy warm, correctly done, will work for practice or game-day, whichever is the case. I wonder what happened to him? :)

im still here and i i did say regardless of the warmup and vocalizing which means warm up and vocalize :)

That's a good point and I had shortened my answer for this thread. Then, again, major record companies and assorted outlets of music give us what they think we want. However, bands like Lorde originally wrote their hit song as a give-away video for youtube and it blossomed from there and they took home more than one award at the Grammys. So, it seems, youtube might be a good place to start getting your million hits of interest.

And what did they do? They wrote a song that a million people wanted to hear.

I should shut up, take my own advice and be an accidental rockstar, with ibuprofen and yogurt in my tour rider.