Please review&critique my singing : Helloween - Eagle Fly Free

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone,

Initially, this song was recorded using neutral and support which I believe is appropriate in this particular case and the vibrato is totally controlled.

I regretted not using twang therefore I re-sung it and I have to admit it helps a great deal.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1781520/Vocals/Helloween%20-%20Eagle%20Fly%20Free.mp3

This is just the ending with a clean voice to hear the difference.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1781520/Vocals/Helloween%20-%20Eagle%20Fly%20Free%20%28clean%20ending%29.mp3

Let me know what you think, if the song or parts need a different approach or what you believe sounds wrong.

Best,

akarawd

PS. Most of the original vocals have been removed along with most of the center channel info.

PS2. If on mac/safari, you'll need safari 5 to view this link.

This is a dificult song. You need more work on pitch, I liked the vibrato.

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

What an ambitious song. Vocal line soaring and diving. This is the second time I listened to it. You sang it clean, probably neutral most of the way through. I think your second ending fits in with that better but both endings were good. That's one hell of a sustained note. I liked this performance and thought it could have a little more bite with a little more twang. Not a criticism, just a stylistic choice. That is, what I think sounds good doesn't mean that you did it wrong. It would be the same thing if I wanted to hear it sung like Neil Young, for example. Just a stylistic thought, but not necessarily what is needed, if anything is needed.

What an ambitious song. Vocal line soaring and diving. This is the second time I listened to it. You sang it clean, probably neutral most of the way through. I think your second ending fits in with that better but both endings were good. That's one hell of a sustained note. I liked this performance and thought it could have a little more bite with a little more twang. Not a criticism, just a stylistic choice. That is, what I think sounds good doesn't mean that you did it wrong. It would be the same thing if I wanted to hear it sung like Neil Young, for example. Just a stylistic thought, but not necessarily what is needed, if anything is needed.

Thanks for the answer, I quite agree with you about the bite and twang. I've been singing this type of songs effortlessly for years but how well ? Sloppily.

The point of posting this track is to have an open reference of what I sound like now and use the criticisms as a comparison for the update to come

once I've sorted out my vocal issues (already taking lessons etc). By exposing my weaknesses I admit them and by getting professional help I will better myself. Thanks again ronws.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently revising my samples and would like to ask if anyone feels there any other areas that need addressing on this song.

Thanks in advance,

akarawd

Hi, there!

This is not an easy song but you made it justice. You have obviously a very strong head voice, that´s your strong part. Your pitch is fluttering a little in some parts and i would also prefer a little more twang like Ron. But overall, a great effort.

Hi, there!

This is not an easy song but you made it justice. You have obviously a very strong head voice, that´s your strong part. Your pitch is fluttering a little in some parts and i would also prefer a little more twang like Ron. But overall, a great effort.

Hi Olem, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen. I will definitely use more twang on the next version.

From now on I'm practicing songs at 80% of their speed so as to memorize and clarify each word and verse - it's helping me a great deal.

Thanks again.