Holy diver - Dio cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of the video itself -- the green screen effect is super distracting --, but you sing really well. I don't know how you get your voice to sound raspy like that, but it really suits this style of music. Nice range too.

I like the video! I also like distracting and ridiculous green screens :lol:

Nice cover man, but one critique would be to get that 'powah' Dio has on the original.. You gotta really put yourself into it, throw yourself at the listener, no reserve! ;)

I'm not even catholic and I just canonized RJD. Saint Dio, patron saint of singers. Which would rub him the wrong way. He was raised catholic but not a fan of the church.

Well done, Igor.

7/10.* Your accent is almost imperceptible, but it does come out on some words in particular. For example, when you say "blue," something sounds different. Here's a recording (). I exaggerated the way that I'm hearing you say it to show you what I mean, and then I put the way that I would say it afterward. I also hear it on "Between the velvet lies." "Between" sounds like "betwin."

This also might just be something you can integrate into your style? To give an extreme example, Bjork has pretty much made a career out of sounding as "foreign" as possible and not trying to achieve the standardized English "musical accent." I'm not sure if that'll work for everyone, but it's a thought.

Better made some good comments about accent and articulation. For 'between", don't worry so much about the 'w'. That's probably what made it become betwin. You could almost sing beteen and the listener's ears will superimpose the w for you.